cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make to order QM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Experts

We have a scenario wherein qualilty check is required during production order confirmation for make to order products.

Right now all the basic configuration is complete and inspection lot is getting generated but the stock is not visiblei n the Quality stock in MMBE.

Thanks and Regards

Ritesh Sinha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alee,

Since you want to use inspection at production order confirmation you must have assigned the '04' Inspection type for that material in QM material master view.

Please check following :

Go to MM02 >> QM material master view >> click on inspection setup tab >> select 04 inspection >> check detail information of that insp type >> *very first field is ' Post to Insp. stock' here if there is no tick then your stock will be posted directly to unrestricted*.

So if you want to see stock in quality after GR then tick the field ' Post to Insp. stock'.

Best Regards,

Shekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using the inspection for production (Inspection Type - 03), then the inspection is carried out for the product which is still under production (stock is not yet built). The inspection lot is generated when the production order is released. Hence, the inspection lot is not relevant to stock. You inspect the material & record results. The usage decision is taken & the quantity confirmation is done for the Production Order.

If you are using inspection type 04 (Inspection after production), then the inspection lot gets triggered when you confirm the production order & the material is credited to stores. Here, you will be able to view the stock.

Regards,

Prashant Kolhatkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashhanth,

We are indeed using inspection type 04.The inspection lot is generated when I confirm the production order. When i go to the material document it shows the stock movement details with respective movement type, however I cannot see the stock in MMBE.

After that if I do the result recording and UD stock is getting updated as sales order stock in MMBE.

We would like to see the stock when it is in quality stock in MMBE.

Thanks

Ritesh Sinha

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you just tell what inspection type you are using?

Have you ticked on "post to inspetion " in QM view for inspection type you hav used.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Where is the stock? Is it in unrestricited? I beleive it is in another category totally since it is a make to order.

I think these are treated like type 10 inspections where the qty shows as scheduled for delivery and not in QI. I think for make to stock you'll see it another stock category related to the order.

FF