cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeburger AS2 Verisign

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am attempting to use a Verisign Certificate to secure our communcations with trading partners.

We have generated the key pair, generated a CSR, and had the certificate signed by Verisign.

Curretnly, in the view, is the trading partner certificate, our certificate, the private key, and the verisign_root_08-01-2028 and Verisign_Intermedi_10-24-2016 certificates.

We have provided the trading partner with our certificate.

When sending an outbound message, our channel set to sign, encrypt, and request signed MDN. The encryption key beign the public certificate provided by our trading partner, and the signing key is configured for our private key, and the encryption certificate configured for the trading partners public key. The MDN channel is authentication certificate point to the public key of our trading partner.

When we send a file, the MDN returns:

MDN not authenticated - Error while loading authentication certificate: java.lang.Exception: Authentication certificate alias is empty.

Error in MDN: unexpected-processing-error

Our 'inbound' channels are aso returning errors, with the agreemetns configured to use the correct keys/certificates:

Error while parsing AS2 message: DECRYPTION_ERROR # com.seeburger.ediint.edi.EDIMessageException: message decryption failed: failed to decrypt message: decryption failed: recipientInfo not found for: certificate serial number: 1234567890, certificate issuer: CN=<server name removed>.com,OU=<Witheld>,L=<witheld>,O=<witheld>,ST=Indiana,C=USd"

Notes:

When we tested this using self signed certificates, the scenario worked flawlessly, encryptingm, decrypting, signing and verification of sinatures....flawlesly. Ths complications only arose once we inserted Verisign into the equasion.

What am I missing?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is an old thread, but if someone gets here searching for: "Authentication certificate alias is empty", like I did:

You can try one of these 2 solutions:

1- Create a parallel channel for MDN (Reports type) with the respective SenderAgreement (http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d095b2df-9fa3-2d10-568b-d12d99828c33?QuickLink=index&overridelayout=true)

2- Put in Handle Received MDN, on reception channel "Refer MDN to XI System" (https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1442196)

I hope this will help somebody.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even i am getting the Same Error.

We are using PI 7.1 can you pls send me how to generate our own public and private key .. ? for testing purpose ..

thanks

Souz

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using PI 7.1 -- we discovered that the certificate needed to be rebuild. After we updated the private key by rebuilding the certificate chain, the encryption/decryption began working perfectly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which PI version are you using? I noticed that when you import a CSR response of a private key, the corresponding public certificates might not always be updated.

That means that when your business partner encrypts a message with that key, you can't decrypt it with your own private key!