cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with childs nodes and automatic key mapping in a Data Object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts!

I'm doing the service order tutorial from the mobile help at [this link|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmobile71/helpdata/en/21/9b5b924c3b434fba4767731794b029/frameset.htm] and I have a problem...

In the topic "Modeling the Equipment Data Object", says you have to mark the "Automatic Key Mapping" checkbox. So when I had to create a third child node ( the location node ) the system raised an exception with the message "Deselect automatic key mapping flag for more than two-level nodes". I'm trying deselecting the flag and creating the location node, but when I want mark again the automatic key mapping flag, this is disabled.

What can I do to solve this and create the three child nodes with the flag marked? It's a configuration thing?

Any help it's very welcome. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Simon.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The thing is: Its not allowed to use automatic keymapping if you have more than two levels. This is why the message showed up, and this is why its been disabled.

What automatic keymapping does: Figures out automatically which child node belongs to which parent (by guessing from the field name and type, which fields in the child correspond to which key fields of the parent).

On three levels, this becomes more complicated => Its disabled.

How to do keymapping yourself instead of having the DOE do it automatically: Do 'Explicit keymapping' from each child to its parent. Explicit keymapping is done by clicking on the corresponding menu button in the child node. Here you need to associate child node fields (they need not be key fields of the child, but they are allowed to be that as well) to each of its parent nodes key fields (so that each child can be associated to its parent).

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Arjun,

So the problem here is the little mistake on the tutorial, about marking on the automatic key binding in a three levels node (only permitted in an up to two levels node)...

Best regards,

Simon.