Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Area change in SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Morning Everybody!

i have an issue, maybe you guys can help me:

I need to know if there is a way to migrate every order from one Sales Area, to another one without cutting off the system

i have been working on a Z solution, but some people, tell me, there is an standard functionality to do this in SD

Thanks in advance for your prompt response

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no standard SAP functionality available for this (You cannot change the sales area of existing sales orders)

You have to do it in this way.

First ask your ABAP person to give a program to download those sales orders based on your requirement. He has to do it in such a way to download all relevant header data as well as item data.

Then in the excel sheet, change the old Sales area to new sales area.

Now again you have to ask ABAP person to give a program to upload those excel sheets. (BDC record can be used for this)

Then you can upload those sheets again with the new sales area as new Sales orders in the system. This will be a new document number in the system.

In order to avoid wrong demand appear for old sales org. make sure you complete those sales order line items. Use a rejection reason to this purpose.

Please note, this is a cut over process, where as you have to block all users during this process to avoid any other issues.

Best regards,

Anupa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Thanks for your help

regards!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member1091983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think it is possible to change the sales area thru' MASS...since this is organiational data you can't change thru any standard functionality i suppose.

Reg,

JJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Have a look at transaction MASS, select the business object that is sales order and see if sales area field are available for change.

Frank