Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Indexes Creation on MaxDB Database

Hello,

How do I create a index in MaxDB?

Do I use SQLCLI to do that? Can anyone provide me the list of steps? Is there any doc or syntax?

Please note that, I have to create indexes in MaxDB as per SAP OSS Note 1310364, on several columns in several tables.

Thanks in advance of your valuable inputs.

Former Member
replied

> So what is understand from help URL is that these MaxDB indexes are created on AS JAVA Database through DBMGUI tool, as seen below

> Also I wanted to know, if I execute a script to create indexes on SQLCLI, will that we sufficient?

> OR

> Additionally I will have to perform the above 7 DBMGUI activities, after I am done with create index through SQLCLI.

Excuse me, but where in this part of the documentation do you find DBMGUI or SQLCLI mentioned?

Please don't miss the complete chapter of the documentation.

The link I pasted was a direct pointer to a specific page of the documentation - but you need to read the full chapter "Developing Java Persistence - Java Dictionary - Tables" to get all information about the tool to use.

When reading the documentation you'll find a little icon next to each pages title. (it's a blue/white rectangle with red arrows in it).

Click this icon to reveal the documentation chapter navigation on the left part of the page.

Concerning the sufficiency - for MaxDB it would be OK just to create the indexes on DB level, but I assume that you also want to deploy them to the production system. And for that you'll need to put them into the Java dictionary.

regards,

Lars

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question