cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropdown by key

former_member186444
Participant
0 Kudos

This is my first look at value help in Web dynpro and I'd like to have 2 fields on my layout, from which the users can select values from a dropdown. I've had a look at the dropdown by key value selector but I'm a little unclear whether this is appropriate for my needs.

My first field can be populated prior to the screen being displayed but the second field should be determined by the value entered in the first field. field 1 has a small number of entries and field 2 has a small number of entries for each entry in field 1.

I've read that "before the view can be rendered, the collection has to be populated". Does this mean I'm not able to base my field 2 values on what the user enters in field 1 ?

If this UI element is not suitable, what would be a better alternative ?

Thanks for your help.

Malcolm.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member187452
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can also go for OVS help.

Regards,

Bharat

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Malcolm,

You need to write the supply function to fill data in FIELD-2 based on the selection of the FIELD-1 and call the supply function from onSelect Event of FIELD-1.

Hope it helps

Regards

Arun

former_member186444
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

thanks for that, it's very helpful. I've managed to get hold of the data that's been selected in FIELD1 but I'm now having problems writing the data based on that to FIELD2. I've used the 'SET_ATTRIBUTE_VALUE_SET' to try to update the values of FIELD2 but this is not working for some reason.

Am I using the correct method to update FIELD2 ?

thanks again,

Malcolm.

former_member186444
Participant
0 Kudos

this has me completely baffled. I've now spent a full day on this and am getting nowhere. After using 'SET_ATTRIBUTE_VALUE_SET' to update the second field, I've debugged it through and can see the values stored but they still do not appear in my second field when I run it through.

does anyone else have ideas about this ?

thanks,

Malcolm.

former_member186444
Participant
0 Kudos

I've just realised that the method I set up to fill FIELD2 is not classed as a 'supply function'. However, when I'm in the methods tab, that's not somethign I'm able to change. Could anyone tell me how I can set up the method up as a supply function for the 'onselect' property ?

thanks.