cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variant configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am creating a configurable material with reference to an another material. The new material hav different class in classification view than the reference material and characterstics-values are also different. Now when i try to extend the newly created material in MRP views(MRP1 to MRP4) then in "plant-specific configuration" (MRP 3 view) , it shows the old material no. in "configurable material" field and accordingly when i click on "Configure variant" button on the same tab, then it show the Characterstic Value assignment of the old (Reference) material. This is causing inconsistency at Client level ("Basic Data 2" field have new material in "Client specific Configuration" and variant configuration according to the new class which is different from "plant-specific configuration") and Plant Level. Pls reply what can be done to fix this problem?

Waiting for your expert suggestion.

Thanks in Advance

Bharat B

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the new material, please untick the Cross-Plant CM. Now create a new material with reference to the old material. This will not happen.

Hope this helps. If you have any issues, pls lemme know

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SNavaneetha,

Thanks for your reply. We can create new material as per your suggestion but we have created 70 materials already with old practice, can we change the old material so that it can take newly created material in basic data and MRP 3. We have tried the same by deleting the fields in Table and entering the new material but still its taking Variant Characteristics of the old material.

Please suggest me the solution.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Bharat B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SNavaneetha Krishnan

This issue has been transferred to my account on the following link

Pls reply the solution on the above link. And i have tried creating material in your way but i didnt get any solution.

One more thing here is that if i try creating all views of new material in one go with the reference then it doesnt show the old material in MRP 3 view. but while extending MRP views it does show the old material no.

Waiting for your reply.

Regards

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

Edited by: Bharat Bhushan on Dec 25, 2010 11:04 AM

Answers (0)