cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOV Filtering on OLAP universe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i have a BOXI 3.1 SP2 FP2.6 universe on top of a bex query (BW BI 7 SP5)

my bex query contains a variable 'ready for input' which give me a prompt condition on BO universe.

My BO condition has the default LOV <Variable name> which gives me 2 hidden objects <Variable name> and <Variable name>Base.

this hidden object displays a list of values on prompt in my report. i want to filter the list of values on 2 single values (from the whole list).

I know i can define the 2 single values directly in my prompt by filling the 'value ' and 'key'. But my 'value ' are static.

I'd rather to limit the list of the LOV directly on the hidden objects <Variable name> or <Variable name>Base of the universe on the 2 key of my requested items

is it possible ?

thanks in advance,

Rgds,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you want to create a filter that restrict the prompt to only some values of your LOV?

Didier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi didier,

Yes i do

but not by using { 'value': 'key', 'value':'key'} as LOV in the prompt because , according to me, 'value' should be set manually ; i would like to retrieve the real name stored in the DATABASE. i mean if it change in the database my LOV is automatically updated in the prompt. Else it is not the case.

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

for relational sources this is possible with Query on Query but the mentioned functionality is not supported on OLAP Universes as of right now.

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frederic,

I suggest you create a custom object that reuses the LOVs.

In the Where clause of the cutsom object, define a filter that contains the 2 static key values --> The LO V will display correctly

the updated captions and the key will be send to the database.

Didier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi didier,

do you mean a custom objects in BEX or in universe?

if universe, i thought the 'where' clause were not available on top of BW

i tryed to create MDX expression on 'select' clause (same as for measure) but i always have MDX error....

can you help for the syntax ?

Rgds,

Frederic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can we pass { 'USA', 'UK','FRANCE'} as LOV in the prompt in OLAP Universe. If so can anyone suggest me the syntax?

Thanks

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can

Here is an example with key and name in the LOV:

<FILTER KEY="[!V000001]"><CONDITION OPERATORCONDITION="Equal"><CONSTANT TECH_NAME="@Prompt('Currency Type (Local or Global) ?)','A:A',{'Company code currency':'[0CURTYPE].[10]','Controlling area currency':'[0CURTYPE].[20]'},mono,primary_key)"/></CONDITION></FILTER>

Rgds,

Frederic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ingo, you mentioned in this posting that the functionality required is not supported for OLAP universes ... is this still the case in 3.1 ?

WE have a similar challenge here where we need to restrict the list of Vendors that is presented to the user to only Merch Vendors. I need to do this in a BEx Query, as there is a 2nd variable which returns a list of articles based on the selected Vendor, so need the selected Vendor to be available in the Post-Popup variable exit code.

I have implemented the RSR_VARIABLE_F4_RESTRICT_BADI in BW, which correctly limits the list of values in teh Vendor dropdown when the BEx query is run in RSRT / web, but in WebI this list of values doesn't apply.

Cheers,

Andrew

Answers (0)