SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application form Translation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried to translate an application form. My requirement is to use the application form to print in 3 different languages FR NL and DE. I have done the translation successfully the status after translation is showing as Completed but when i am trying to print a invoice document its throwing an error as 'te771t FR 02 does not exist'.

The process i had followed to translate is

1. From transaction EFRM on the menu bar Environment->Translation->Administration

2. Create worklist

3. Process the worklist

4. In the application form from Extras->language->create the new languages

Please let me know if i have to do anything more to be able to print them in different languages.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To translate application forms, proceed as follows:

· Creating Worklists

· Processing Worklists

-

-

Creating Worklists :

1. Log on to the relevant client in the system in which you translate the form, and choose Print Workbench ® Application Forms ® Environment ® Translation ® Create Worklist.

2. Enter the name and form class of the application form to be translated and the original and target language.

3. Choose Program ® Execute.

You obtain a list of the objects to be translated in the application forms. If there are red lines in the list, notify your system administrator. Red lines signify errors that must be eliminated.

4. To create a worklist from this list, choose Translation List ® Save/Send ® Create Worklist. In the dialog box Indicator for Worklist, enter the following:

¡ ID (for example, your initials)

¡ Date (for example, the current date)

¡ Short text

5. Choose Continue.

-

-

Processing Worklists :

1. In the menu, choose Print Workbench ® Application Form ® Environment ® Translation ® Worklist ® Process. In the dialog box Indicator for Worklist, enter your indicator and the date on which the worklist is to be generated and choose Continue. The required worklist is displayed.

2. Place the cursor on an application form and in the menu, choose Edit ® Expand Subtree. You now see all the objects for translation in the application form you have selected. For more information about the different hierarchy levels, see Worklists.

-

-

Translating table short texts

Select the required table short text by doubleclicking it. The screen Translation of Tables with Master and Transaction Data appears; here you can translate the short text.

-

-

Translating SAPscript forms

1. Select the required SAPscript form by doubleclicking it. The SAPscript Translation screen appears.

2. In the field Form, enter the form to be translated. Enter the required target language and choose Translation ® Create/Change. The screen Meaning appears; here you can translate the SAPscript form.

-

-

Translating SAPscript texts

1. Place the cursor on a SAPscript text and choose Edit ® SAPscript Text ® Display Original. A new session is opened and here you can see the original text as translation reference.

2. Choose the SAPscript text by doubleclicking on it. The screen Change General Standard Text appears. SAPscript texts consist of:

¡ Text

¡ Control characters (for example, tabulator,,)

¡ Control lines (for example, paragraph format :/)

¡ Symbols (for example, &DATE&)

Note that you do not have to translate control characters, control lines, and symbols. The number and sequence of the paragraphs must, however, match the original.

3. The total number of lines does not have to match the original. Save your translation and then release the translated text. To do this, position the cursor on the edited text and choose Edit ® SAPscript Text ® Release. When you release a translation, the system automatically compares the number and sequence of the paragraphs in the translated text with the original. If the system determines any differences, it issues a warning. You can navigate within the text to check the cause of the warning, or ignore the warning. If you ignore the warning, the translation is automatically released.

If a standard text has already been translated and released, this version is saved in a Print Workbench buffer. If this text is then changed, you can compare the old version with the current version.

If there is a text version in the Print Workbench buffer, the symbol appears next to the text. To carry out a version comparison, double-click on the symbol . This action starts the comparison editor. This provides you with information about which lines have changed in the current version.

For more info also refer to this Link.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Pranaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Some prob in link.

Here is the [Link|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_utilities472/helpdata/en/ea/a45a36998cf732e10000009b38f839/frameset.htm].

Regards,

Pranaya

0 Kudos

Hi Pranaya,

I have followed the same process as well. My tranlation status is 'Completed' but when i try to print using EA60 i am getting error as told above. Do you know why that error is coming?

Thanks

Raghu

0 Kudos

Hi,

Rate category text is not maintained in FR language. maintain that in FR language. The error will disappeare.

After maintaining check in Table TE771T with rate category as 02 and SPARS as FR.

good luck.

Pranaya

0 Kudos

Hi Pranaya,

Thanks for the suggestion its was because some nodes in the application form which are not being used i have made them inactive and its working fine now.

Regards,

Raghu