cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client refresh (SCC8, SCC7) vs Space

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

I am planning to do client refresh by client export and import. I have done this activity in ECC 6.0 with db2, where tablespace was autoexendable.

Now, I am planing to do on Oracle base system. I am not sure about space.

Please let me know how can I assure that there is no space problem and I can import on quality server.

Regards

Dharmendra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actaully, there are couple of ways in checking that. First, roughly you can check what is the DB size on the source system and target system and what is the difference between them. (Probably if you are doing from PRD to QLT then obviously PRD db size should be more than QLT and similarly for QLT to DEV) and check when was the last client refresh done from target to Source system and then from then see what was the database growth of the target system. This should give you rough idea about how much space you need.

The other one would be do a test run for remote client copy and after the successful completion of test run you find a option Detail in SCC3 which will give you how much space is required.

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Suupose, I am taking an export of my PRD. Is there any method to check, whether I will able to import or not?

Regards

dks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Babu answered your question.

You can do test run, after that go to SCC3 and see detail. there you will see how much space (db size) you would need.

It will not be exactly the same, but it is enough to guess.

you may prepare a little bit more.

And, on actual client copy, there will be a lot of logs, so backup arch log often, or disable archive log before the client copy.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Elloborate your query with some of the details:

From which system to where you want to do a client copy?

What is the size of soure client?

If it is from PRO-QAS, why you are not going for Homogenous system copy/QAS refresh?

Do you have suff hardware in source and target?

Regards,

Nick Loy