cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System time for Java Stack and ABAP Stack of PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

We have a scenario in which we have a synchronous flow of data. In the forward flow we have used field UZEIT in an RFC Lookup to register the inbound time and in the reverse flow we have used current time function of SAP PI mapping. PI time is the local time of the server, However UZEIT is 4 hours ahead compared to PI time.

Both the Java and the Abap stack are installed on the same server.

Kindly let us know the reason for the difference in time on both the stacks.

Regards,

Milan Thaker

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunilchandra007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Milan,

Did you check tcode STZAC if the system and user time are same ?

Regards,

Sunil Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

The fied that we have used in RFC Look up is UZEIT which refers to the server time and not the current time. However, our server time and current time are same. Pliease let me know about system time settings in Java Stack where is it available.

Regards,

Milan Thaker

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you tell us to which which system the RFC call has been made?

Thanks and Regards,

ravi Kanth Talagana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

To the same PI system (Abap Stack).

Regards,

Milan Thaker

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is that a standard RFC FM or a custom one, can you give the code?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

It is a custom code. However when I did display queue on current time function, it is displaying a timestamp 4 hours ahead of the system time of ABAP stack. hence I would like to know which time does the current time function of PI refer to.

Regards,

Milan Thaker

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Milan,

It refers to the server time of the Java Stack.

But, when you say the time stamp of ABAP stack, where are you checking?

In System->Status?

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes I am refering to the System->Status time in ABAP Stack. Could you please tell me where can I check the System time of JAVA stack. I got one XML file in UME which refers to some timestamp in com.sap.security.core.usermanagement but I failed to locate this field. Please let me know where can I find the Java stack time and how can that be synchronized with ABAP.

Also, is there any time zone settting in JAVA for UTC , the way we have in ABAP

Regards,

Milan Thaker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you must setup your java stack timezone as same as your abap stack, in abap stack you could use Transaction stzac to set up timezone and in java stack ,the runtime timezone is from jvm.you could setup your java stack in your jvm. there is a paramter like user.timezone (i don't remember it clear,you can find it in sdn) you could setup in your jvm,which you could visit by config tool.

best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got the path for time zone and time stamp for configuration tool, However ours is 7.1 and hence we have nwa in place. Could someone help us out to find out the same in NWA.

Regards,

Milan Thaker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it is not configure in NWA,it is in config tool !

the NWA is just replaces VA(lower than version nw7.1)