cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability check during process order creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

can anyone tell me significance of availability check during creation /change of process order?? ( in terms of business)

how is the usual processs?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pavan_verma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Consumer package industry /food industry business may want to use proportional distribution of ATP quantity as per daily buckets.

i.e. if a process order is producing 100 cases every day and end of process order is after 5 days business may want to confirm a sales order on second day.

thanks,

Pavan Verma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pavan!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks both!!

we are facing a problem during process order creation. system is showing a warning saying "error during availability check". in error log it says " maintain availability check for one of the child of main product (this child product also has a BOM).

only difference between erronous material and non erronous one is period indicator and fiscal year variant defined in MRP3 tab. (erronous has monthly period and fine one has a fiscal year variant defined). Can this be a reson for error?

Edited by: ILLFORD on Apr 26, 2010 10:58 AM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closing this discussion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

any clue for the reason?

pavan_verma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.

In the material master of child product maintain Availability check group example 02 on sales general plant view.

Thanks,

Pavan Verma

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for quick reply pavan ...actually it is already maintained for child product. Can there be a situatation where system is not able to read it even if any master data parameter is correctly maintained?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can make a quick test for validating error itself.

Create appropriate stock for the child component( which also has a BOM).

Then check if error vanishes.

There is an OSS note 321803 ( Explanatory notes on the ATP Customizing) which is not about error correction, but about explanations.

Regards

Datta

pavan_verma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please check config of checking rule and Availability check group (on child material)

Thanks,

Pavan Verma

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi pavan,

do you mean to say check mode/atp group/business event (checking rule)? they are maintained for the product. i am not able to replicate this issue in quality but i am guessing one reason might be not updation of APOKZ field in marc table. what do you guys say? can this be a reason?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Illford,

If you run report RAPOKZFX regularly in ECC, you never have to worry about this field.

This tip and many more found in

https://websmp103.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000715082008E

Rgds,

DB49

pavan_verma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, this may be the reason and it happens generally when someone is in change mode of material master and at the same time integration model is also activated.

As Dogboy has advised you need to run report RAPOKZFX in ECC to update the field.

Thanks,

Pavan Verma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your precious inputs. i had run the programme to update the required field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i am facing similar issue again. there was nothing in APOKZ field and i have run the programme RAPOKZFX. now i can see 3 in the field .but while checking availability in process order, it gives same error (maintain availability check for one of the child of main product )

Do i need to do anything with CIF??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Availability check for a material is carried out only if the material is

1. A stock item

2. Not a phantom item

3. Not a bulk material.

This can be carried out

1. during order creation

2. during order release

3. when a created order is saved

Availability check can be triggered either manually or automatically.

For this we need to define in checking control(opjk)

First define a checking group(ovz2) and checking rule and this

must be assigned to checking scope.(opjj)

In the checking scope(opjj) we should define

1. which Mrp elements are to be considered during check

2. which inventory categories are to be taken into account

3. whether Replinishment lead time is to be taken into account or not

4. whether check is also to be carried at storage location level.

This checking rule must be linked to checking control(opjk)in which you can say

1.No availability check for the material

2.Availability check when saving the order

3.What type of check is to be carried

whether ATP CHECK or Check against PIR quantities

4. Whether order should be released or not if there is

any missing parts.

The checking group is assigned to material master MRP3 view.Please check whether checking gorup is assigned to all the components in the BOM.

Regards,

nandha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While creating a production or process order, the availability check function checks whether the components, production resources/tool or capacities required for a production/process order are available.

This is quite important in business, as many a times, components , PRTs intended for manufacturing one product is used for some other product.

In checmicals industry, main raw materials never generally are a problem, but small additives, solvents, special tools, do make sometimes problem. Availability check does help to fully prepare for the production.

I hope this gives insight.

Regards

Datta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot datta !!