cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal report 10 export to MAPI does not work in Windows 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi:

I am using CR10 10.0.5.1025 in Windows 7. I tried to export a report to MAPI and got error:

Error 2147500037 returned by function <MAPIResolveName>

This error occurs both Office 2007 and 2003

Any one see this error before?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

This question has been answered in another post. Please search before posting any questions.

Windows updated an the Outlook 2007 an Windows 7 ( any windows version 6.1 ) MAPI dll' and it no longer supports the Simple MAPI API's. The other post has possible work around. This will not be fixed in CR 10, no updates to CR 10 now.

It is resolved in CR 2008 SP2 with Fix Pack 2.6 and will be resolved in CR XI R2 in Fix pack 6.2

Thank you

Don

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SOLUTION

Hi, (excuse my bad english)

The client have and use Windows 7 SP1 x64 Ultimate version .

He use Crystal Report XI R2 Sp6

PROBLEM: He has a MAPI error Error when exporting PDF to MAPI.

He Receiving the following error message when trying to export PDF Crystal Report to MAPI.

Error 2147500037 returned by function <MAPIResolveName>

Email Client: MS Outlook 2007

SOLUTION: Were I found on the internet.

Auhtor is: Andrew Whittam

Web Link: http://www.2icsoftware.com/Support/Forum/tabid/110/aff/2/aft/1105/afv/topic/Default.aspx

Microsoft decided to no longer support the 'Simple MAPI' email system in Windows 7. Although countless applications use it to manage emails, including 2ic Pallets, a replacement system has not been provided.

So Windows 7 users have two options:

Manually create email messages by copying and pasting information from the '2icEmail.txt' file that is created whenever there is an emailing error, i.e. every time you try emailing with Windows 7.

Downgrade the ' C:\Windows\System32\Mapi32.dll ' file to an earlier version, i.e. replace Mapi32.dll with the same file from a Windows Vista or XP computer.

Downgrading seems to work ok. Mapi32.dll on Windows 7 has version number 1.0.2536.0, which is the same as Mapi32.dll on Windows Vista and XP. However, downgrade AT YOUR OWN RISK and check with your system administrator before making any changes.

It is strongly recommended to rename the existing Mapi32.dll file rather than delete it so it can be restored if you find other programs do not work after downgrading. To downgrade, follow the steps below:

Open Windows Explorer, navigate to ' C:\Windows\System32 ' (or ' C:\Windows\SysWOW64 ' for 64 bit operating systems), find Mapi32.dll and rename it to Mapi32.dll.OLD or Mapi32.dll.2ic. If you receive the message "You require permission from TrustedInstaller to make changes to this file." or some other permissions-related error, change the Owner of the file and permissions before trying again, i.e. right-click on Mapi32.dll, select Properties, Security tab, click Advanced, Owner tab, click Edit..., select "Administrators", OK the dialog boxes, again right-click on Mapi32.dll, select Properties, Security tab, click Edit, select "Administrators", allow Full Control and OK the dialog boxes. For more detail, good instructions can be found at http://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-7/w...dinstaller.

Run the 'Email patch' from the Downloads - Utilities page of this website. This patch installs and registers the files below.

C:\Windows\System32\Mapi32.dll

C:\Windows\System32\MSmapi32.ocx

Note they are only installed when missing or replacing an older version. For 64 bit operating systems these files are updated in the 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64' folder. Alternatively these files can be manually copied from a different computer and registered using Regsvr32.

The email functionality can be checked using the 'Export/email test spreadsheet', also available on the Downloads - Utilities page. Using this spreadsheet to generate an email on Windows 7 before downgrading should result in an error message. Emailing should work after running the patch.

RESULT: I fixed the problem customer PC. TEST and Verification are fonctionnal.

Steve

Edited by: sstmartin on Mar 18, 2011 9:11 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I found information about Windows hotfix for temporary workaround: [Windows 7 and Simple MAPI|http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/windowscompatibility/thread/ff8c9af5-faca-4e53-b6eb-121e0061170f].

Petr

Former Member
0 Kudos
0 Kudos

Yes it does, this suggested work around is in another post but you are loosing all of the enhanced features of MAPI by rolling back to an older version. Plus I doubt Microsoft supports it so if you have any issues you have no escalation path.

Thanks again

Don

0 Kudos

Due to the way Fix Packs are released for CR XI R2 it is not available to all users. Therefore for those who cannot get the update for CR XI R2 Fix Packs click on this link ( it's good 100 days from this date )

For CR XI R2 ONLY simply rename the u2dmapi.dll located in: C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common\3.5\bin and replace it with the updated one.

https://sapmats-us.sap-ag.de/download/download.cgi?id=V5UT03R6D1GGEFKZRBVY5Q47RV3CYRJ1Z7PGV22JJPW9SN...

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi again!!

It's a shame that SAP does not offer an update for this problem

We are thinking about update to CR XI o change for other company.

thanks

0 Kudos

We do offer an update, CR 10 is 5 years old. Upgrade to CR 2008 or CR XI R2.

It's something Microsoft changed for Office 2007 and Windows 7. Out of our control. Ask Microsoft to support simple MAPI in windows 7 and then you have a fix.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi:

but we have vb6 and CR10, the update to CR XI is easy and fast??

Is compatible CR XI R2 with vb6??

also we have 200 pcs with this software running

regards

0 Kudos

Hi,

CR XI R2 SP6 supports Visual Basic 6.0; further information on the supported platforms is available in the 'Supported Platforms document' at http://help.sap.com/businessobjects/

About upgrading from CR 10 to XI R2 XI R2 is 'easy and fast' but you will need a new license.

If you have questions related to your application, please post the request in the Developer Forums.

Thanks,

Selenia

0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem is that Crystal 10 does not support Windows 7.

The first version of Crystal Reports that support that operating system is Crystal Reports XI R2 Service Pack 6.

Regards,

Selenia