Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error - S_ALR_87011990 "No data selected"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

User gets error "No data selected" when running report S_ALR_87011990. The report works for everyone who has access to the transaction except one person. SU53 and trace show no authorisation errors but if I give the user SAP_ALL the report works 100%.

I have given user same parameters as a user who the report works for. I have traced a working user to compare authorisation - nothing different. When user had SAP_ALL I ran a trace to see if there were differences in authorisation, I have deleted and re-created the user. No luck.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try assigning the Asset Accounting related authorization objects to the user -

A_S_ANLKL

A_S_GSBER

A_S_WERK

A_S_KOSTL

Which object is required depends on the data displayed in the report. Eg if the required data is Comp Code + Cost Centre then A_S_KOSTL is required.

Same may be true for other S_ALR Asset reports.

Regards,

Sanju

Edited by: Sanju Chacko on Apr 28, 2010 5:46 PM

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you do a an authorization trace using ST01, You can easily find what authorization you need. My trace shows as below.

S_PROGRAM RC=0 P_GROUP=AM40;P_ACTION=VARIANT;

S_PROGRAM RC=0 P_GROUP=AM40;P_ACTION=SUBMIT;

A_A_VIEW RC=0 VIEW=' ';

A_A_VIEW RC=0 VIEW=1;

S_PROGRAM RC=0 P_GROUP=AM40;P_ACTION=SUBMIT;

S_GUI RC=0 ACTVT=61;

S_ALV_LAYO RC=0 ACTVT=23;

Regards,

Gowrinadh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there

The user has the required authoriation as per values in your trace. It does not fail on authorisation in SU53 or trace. However the report only works when the user has SAP_ALL

0 Kudos

Hi Chantelli,

When I looked into your post then I found that you did all your investigation that you should do. Still I will say to check on below again.

1) Check the parameter value, It also should be same like successfull user

2) Try to assign same role as successfull user has instead of SAP_ALL so your search area for the missing object will be less.

3) I encountered one issue where trace was also not able to give the missing object... But the object were required.

4) I am sure that from the above you will be able to find the object

5) Contact SAP to sort this kind of issue

Good Luck !!!

Arpan

0 Kudos

Asset Accounting report lists use performance tuned coding techniques to first determine the authorizations of the user and dependent on the result will dynamically construct the method used to select the data.

The more authority you have, the faster the program runs.

Your options are to build bigger but less single roles, or grant the user merged and therefore less authorizations (if they cummulatively have the equivalent of a *, then give it) or to run the report in the background and output it to spool.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try assigning the Asset Accounting related authorization objects to the user -

A_S_ANLKL

A_S_GSBER

A_S_WERK

A_S_KOSTL

Which object is required depends on the data displayed in the report. Eg if the required data is Comp Code + Cost Centre then A_S_KOSTL is required.

Same may be true for other S_ALR Asset reports.

Regards,

Sanju

Edited by: Sanju Chacko on Apr 28, 2010 5:46 PM

0 Kudos

....small addition:

documented well in

[SAP Note 141876|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/141876]

with an addition in

[SAP Note 856248|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/856248]

b.rgds,

Bernhard