cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INport TR fron 4.7 to ECC using STMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

We are trying to import the Transport requests from 4.7 to ECC using the transaction CG3Y, CG3Z and STMP. Using the transaction CG3Y we are able to download the data and cofile from 4.7 and upload in ECC using CG3Z. But when we are trying to import using STMS we are getting an RC code 12. Please do the needful.

Thanks and Regards

Joby Jacob

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please explain us you want to transport from 4.7 to ECC which is not recommended and supported by SAP.

Normally transport should be done between system with same releases like 4.7 to 4.7 or ECC to ECC. If you do this way then you land up in issues.

This is for your information only, after copying the cofiles and datafiles, you need to add the request to Import queue from Extras->Other Request->Add. After that you need to import the request.

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharath,

I have already added the TR in the Transaport queue using the part Extras->Other Request->Add. But when i am imporing getting RC = 12. How can i solve this error.

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have already told you not to do this, but still you want to do the transport. can you let us know are you doing this in a live environment or any test environment. If you are doing this in a test environment then please paste the complete log of error here.

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working an upgrade project. All the Ticket changes will move from 4.7 development to quality. I need to incorporate this changes in ECCC development also. Only Forms and customization requests we are doing transport from 4.7 to ECC development system.

Thanks and Regards

Joby Jacob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whatever it is, I would suggest you that instead of transporting, redo the same in ECC development. The reason I will tell you is from 4.7 development you are moving to 4.7 quality as TMS is configured and request once released will go to quality. But, if you do transports from 4.7 to ECC development which again (I guess might be) separate landscape will only get effected in ECC development only. Later again when you want to move the same to ECC quality and production then in that case alo you have to do from 4.7 because these request are not created in ECC development. Hope you understood my point and hence would suggest you to create the request again ECC development which will help you to transport the same to ECC quality and production easily.

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>Please do the needful.

The needful is to NOT import 4.7 transport requests into ECC6 : this is not supported and very dangerous...

Regards,

Olivier