SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Year of cash effectivity mandatory for budget category 9F

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While creating a PO/Goods Issue I am getting the below error.

Year of cash effectivity mandatory for budget category 9F

I have activated the payment budget and commitment budget. Time horizon for payment budget is 5yrs and commitment budget is nil.

i have not checked the "Start next year" checkbox.

Please advice.

Regards

Shekhar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

joseluis_basalo
Advisor
Advisor

Hi,

You have two similar questions, so i try to help on this one.

You can only use the Year of Cash Effectivity in BCS budgeting, if you use an appropriate FM update profile for updating posting data to FM.

If you use an FM update profile, which does not support the year of cash effectivity (=>field RGNJHR is always SPACE or 0000 in table FMIT) then you MUST set the time horizon to Space or 0 for all budget categories you want to use (ledgers 9F and 9G), in BCS customizing "Define Budget Categories".

The posting data for ledgers 9A and 9B which you have created with Former Budgeting remain valid, even with BCS active (the activation of BCS does not change the way how postings are updated to FM!.

However, if you have used an FM update profile without Year of Cash Effectivity before, together with Former Budgeting, and if you have now changed to another FM update profile WITH Year of Cash Effectivity, then you must migrate all existing posting (or FM update) data in your system, for all fiscal years since the activation of BCS, by filling the field RGNJHR or GNJHR in the corresponding FM tables (FMIT, FMIFIIT and FMIOI) with some valid value (i.e. greater or equal to the fiscal ).

I hope this help you.

Regards, JLB

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

joseluis_basalo
Advisor
Advisor

Hi,

You have two similar questions, so i try to help on this one.

You can only use the Year of Cash Effectivity in BCS budgeting, if you use an appropriate FM update profile for updating posting data to FM.

If you use an FM update profile, which does not support the year of cash effectivity (=>field RGNJHR is always SPACE or 0000 in table FMIT) then you MUST set the time horizon to Space or 0 for all budget categories you want to use (ledgers 9F and 9G), in BCS customizing "Define Budget Categories".

The posting data for ledgers 9A and 9B which you have created with Former Budgeting remain valid, even with BCS active (the activation of BCS does not change the way how postings are updated to FM!.

However, if you have used an FM update profile without Year of Cash Effectivity before, together with Former Budgeting, and if you have now changed to another FM update profile WITH Year of Cash Effectivity, then you must migrate all existing posting (or FM update) data in your system, for all fiscal years since the activation of BCS, by filling the field RGNJHR or GNJHR in the corresponding FM tables (FMIT, FMIFIIT and FMIOI) with some valid value (i.e. greater or equal to the fiscal ).

I hope this help you.

Regards, JLB