cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality Score in Quality Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Plesae help me to explore how the quality score in quality management is updated.

What are all the configuration required.

I have created selected sets & assigned quality score.

How the defect classes come into picture.

What is the use of assignment of score to defect classes.

How the vendor gets score fnally. From selected sets or from the defect classes or from the combination of the both.

Please clarify.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anuradha,

Plesae help me to explore how the quality score in quality management is updated.

What are all the configuration required.

In QS51 >> select catalog 3 and plant >> select any selected set and click on selected set codes >>

different codes will be displayed along with valuation and quality score.

Scores which you maintain here are updated automatically when you give UD. You can define scores as per clients requirement ex . if lot is ok then 100, if rejected 1 , if accepted with deviation say 50 etc.

Defect class will not come in picture when you use catalog '3' i.e. for UD, defect class comes in picture in following cases :

1) QS41 >> catalog 9, while defining the defect types you have to assign class i.e. type of defect Major, minor or surface defect this you can assign as per clients need.

2) QS51 >> Catalog 1, when you give valuation code you have to define defect class fr rejects.

Where are you assigning score and defect class??

How the vendor gets score fnally. From selected sets or from the defect classes or from the combination of the both.

Vendor get score from selected sets, if there is defect in lot then you will give UD as rejected automatically vendor will get score 1.

Score is linked with UD directly and not with defect class. Considering the type of defect you will give UD and vendor score will update accordingly.

Please revert if any doubts.

Best Regards,

Shekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shekhar,

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry I did not assign defect class & quality score. I meant defect weightage.

So I do not need to worry about the Weighting of charac. field in the MIC.

If I do not enter in this field then my quality score will not get affected. Is not it?

The only thing is I have to enter score during UD.

Is there any benifit if I maintain the defect class against each defect code for catalog type 9 in QS41.

Because this is a mandatory field.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anuradha,

So I do not need to worry about the Weighting of charac. field in the MIC.

Here weighing of characteristics means whether it is Minor or Major etc. This will nowhere link to score. If you maintain data in this field you will get proper classification of MIC's. Even if one of characteristics is rejected you can still accept the lot and the vendor can still get 100 or 80 score. It all depends on what UD you are giving and what you are maintaining in QS51.

If I do not enter in this field then my quality score will not get affected. Is not it?

Yes, there will be no problem if you won't enter this field wrt quality score.

The only thing is I have to enter score during UD.

No, you don't have to enter the score during UD, you maintain score in QS41 for respective options, when you give UD as accepted, system will pick up the score corresponding to that code i.e. 100.

Is there any benefit if I maintain the defect class against each defect code for catalog type 9 in QS41.

Yes, maintaining of defect class at catalog 9 is must, system will not accept with out that. This will be helpful when you do analysis of defects. Say you are supplying packed water bottle, then contamination found inside the bottle is the major defect and minor mistake in printing at outside wrapper is minor defect. this analysis you get.

Best Regards,

Shekhar

Edited by: Shekhar Mokashi on Apr 23, 2010 11:06 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shekhar,

Thanks for your reply.

Regards

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

krishnamurty_madduri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, The quality score of a particular lot is determined, when you conduct inspection. You can set it as a Quality score procedure for each characteristic, defining the weightage of the characteristic, defects recording (classifying them in to critical/major/minor).

Quality Score settings are set at Client level. For Ex. You can specify max-min quality score at client level. Also, in the Inspection set up, you can define the Quality Score procedure. By default, the Quality Score procedure set in Material Master - QM - Inspection set up is: Quality Score from Usage Decision.

Thus, even if you don't make any settings, the Quality Score is assigned when you are taking UD for a lot. Generally it is set as: for accepted lots: 100, Rejected: 1, Accepted with deviation: 80.

Quality score helps different companies like this: setting different classes of (Quality score)materials, setting different quality score for different vendors/materials/in house mfd materials.

However, a word of caution: (Quoted from help.sap.com): When you access the screen for entering the usage decision for the inspection lot, the quality score may already be calculated and displayed, if the score is determined from the procedure defined for the material. This value is not overwritten when you select the usage decision code group and code. Therefore you could end up with a quality score of 100 from the usage decision although the inspection lot has been rejected.

Request you to go through: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/af/b9b3341a933f50e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

Regards,

Krishna. Madduri

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created selected sets & assigned quality score.

If you have selected Quality score based on UD in QM view then only selected sets of UD will play role.

But if you have selected based on the UD score & (or) only defect class then defect class will come into picture .

please also explore following threads they will add some knowledge.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Vendor get score at the time of UD when you select UD code for usage decision.

Suppose for accepted you define score 100

Accepted under deviation score define 80

Accepted under defect score define 50 Rejected score define 0

Then whatever you u choose UD code based on that vendoe score will get updated.

Regards

SANIL