Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

invoice creation in the Target ECC system through Pi 7.11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all

I have the following scenario:

I have a legacy system. This system create vendor Incoming Invoice details and country key and customer No, and I want that SAP ECC create the Vendor Invoice.

Then, if this invoice is created through Pi based on the condition like you know if the country is US then create the invoice in SAP ECC System or if the country is IND then check the existed customer or not if existed customer then details send to this status was update in the other legacy system.

I want that this integration is using PI.

I want to hear suggestions of what the best way to make this integration.

Thank you very much

Regards

Ravi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

What i understood from your requirement is ,it is integrayion between

Legacy System and SAP ECC.

what about format of Legacy System,and where legacy system placing the data is it in file server?? clarify once.

based on that we can decide which adapter we can use to connect to legacy system from PI.

you can send the Invoice IDoc information to SAP ECC using IDoc adapter,it is simple.

If you want to do any validation and conditon check you can do it mapping level,like to determine the invioce from which contry.

if you want to perfrom any looks like to retrive the data from SAP ECC at mapping go fort RFC Looks ups.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raj,

Thanks for the soon reply but here my legacy system is File it is having the fields like INV details and country key and customer details these details i want to send it to Target Ecc system based on the country

for exp: If the country is Us then create the vendor invoice in the Ecc system , if the country is IND then check whether the existed customer in the ECC system or not if Existed then those details update into one more legacy system .

please let me know how to approach this scenario .

Regards,

Ravi.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Thanks for the soon reply but here my legacy system is File it is having the fields like INV details and country key and customer details these details i want to send it to Target Ecc system based on the country .

Use File Adapter in sender side to read the data from Legacy System ,if the legacy system data format not XML then use File content conversion in Sender comuniction channel to convert in to XML.

> for exp: If the country is Us then create the vendor invoice in the Ecc system , if the country is IND then check whether the existed customer in the ECC system or not if Existed then those details update into one more legacy system .

>

You have to perfrom RFC Lookup in mapping level if the coiuntry is IND,anyway you are on PI7.11 so you can perform RFC llok to check the it is existed customer or not. search in sdn for RFC look up.

Finally use enhanced Receiver determination to determin receiver.

search in sdn you will get it hot to determine dthe receiver...everything..

the requirement not complex..

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

For your requirement it would best suit if you go in for BPM's. You may read the country key value from the flat file and then using your receiver determination you amy post an Idoc if the country key is US, else if the key is India you may call an RFC adapter which will look up the ECC system for the given customer. Based on the response from RFC adapter you can then decide to update the legacy system.

Cheers,

Sandeep

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii,

You can use Receiver Determination in ID for this. Like you are saying if vendor is of US then send that vendor to ECC business system and if Vendor is of IND then send it to other legecy system.

Also for this create two different message mapping and in mapping put this condition at message level.

Also for this you need to craeted two interface determination for two different systems.

Regards,

Prashant.