cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection type JCo to SAP JCO for GRC Jobs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have ran batch risk analysis jobs using connector as JCO and found issues. SAP Recommended me to change the connector type from JCO to SAP JCO.

Can anyone provide a list of steps required to change the connection type from JCO to SAP JCo in SAP GRC AC 5.3.

Do I change the connector type in WebDynpro administrator - Maintain JCo Connections or in change the connector type in RAR - Configuration - Connectors

Thanks,

Haleem

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You change the connector type in RAR by going to the connector screen. You will have to provide connection information same way as you did while creating JCo destinations or if you have created connectors in CUP.

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Alpesh,

I have following 4 queries.

1- So does this mean, in RAR by going into the connector screen, I change the connector from Adaptive RFC to SAP JCo.

Please note that we defined in RAR, the connection type as Adaptive RFC and JCo destination as the JCo (which was defined in WebDynpro Content Administration).

2- As per SAP Recommendation which asks me to change connector from JCo to SAP JCO, so should I change Adapter RFC to SAP JCo?

3- Also we are in DEV environment, should we use Adapter RFC as connection type or SAP JCo?

4- If Adapter RFC is used, then what should the JCo destination be defined as in DEV environment or in Prod environment?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1- So does this mean, in RAR by going into the connector screen, I change the connector from Adaptive RFC to SAP JCo. - YES

As per SAP Recommendation which asks me to change connector from JCo to SAP JCO, so should I change Adapter RFC to SAP JCo? There is no harm in doing that, but any specific reason why SAP aasked you to do that?

Also we are in DEV environment, should we use Adapter RFC as connection type or SAP JCo? You just said SAP asked you to use the SAO JCO, it must be for some reason.

If Adapter RFC is used, then what should the JCo destination be defined as in DEV environment or in Prod environment? What is it currently?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Chinmaya,

Answers (0)