cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling Area in Company Code(T001) Table

Former Member

I cannot find the Controlling Area in Company Code Master Table(T001). How can I know the corresponding Company Codes for a Controlling Area.

Cross-post

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member

Hey,

You can find the relevant information from table TKA02.

Best Regards

Young

Former Member
0 Kudos

But Can anybody say why there is Business area in TKA02 table as it only tells the assignment of Company code to Controlling Area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

business area is not restricted to one company code in SAP standard and there is not table where you can find business area / comp. code assignment.

Best regards, Christian

Edited by: Christian Ortner on Apr 24, 2010 10:22 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

From the Data Stand point from the TKA01 Table. So if Business Area and Company Code combinely assigned to the Controlling Area in TKA02 Table. What if the Business areas are deleted from the Company Codes then even Company Codes will be deleted along with the Business Area or else if only business areas are deleted from Company codes having multiple Business areas then there are duplicate records with same company code and Controlling area assignment which is not allowed. How is this situation handled.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suggest you reread Christian Ortner's correct advice above. Business area is not assigned to company code, so there is no way this scenario can occur. It is most definitely not best practice to delete company codes anyway (the preferred solution in my experience has been to shut them down and leave them, deactivated, in situ).

james_loar
Explorer
0 Kudos

In summary ....

TKA01 - list of all the controlling areas (controlling area master data)

TKA02 - list of the company codes and their assigned controlling areas, with business area.