cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to assign purchasing organization to a vendor using the GUI interface??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

We're working with SRM 5.0. We need to create Vendors using the GUI interface because we need to create our client's vendors using a load program.

For example, we created a vendor using the transaction BP. We inserted all the data and saved it, but we don't know where we can assign the purchasing organization. If we don't assign the PO, the Vendor doesn't appear in the WEB interface.

Does anybody know how to assign purchasing organization to a vendor using the GUI interface??

Thanks

Iván Moreno

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Christophe,

I went to transaction BP. I selected a vendor then I selected the Vendor Rol but the Purchasing button didn't appear.

Do you know if it is normal??

Thanks

Ivá

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

It will be difficult to create vendors with transaction BP, because you will only create a BP, and not the corresponding Organizational Unit (used for few attributes for vendors) (or the new vendor group assignment in SRM 5.0).

And you would have to maintain several roles for the BP (vendor, bidder, org unit).

When selecting vendor role, then the "purchasing" button becomes available in the toolbar.

Click to access the purchasing data set: here you can maintain purchasing views.

Rgds

Christophe

PS: please reward points for helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yann,

I tried to use the transaction BBPMAININT, but a error appears. It says that transaction BBPMAININT cannot be called in the Easy Access Menu because it was specifically designed to be used in the browser.

Is there any other option to use this transaction or another way to assign the PO???

Thanks

Ivá

Former Member
0 Kudos

Because this type of Transaction cannot be called in the Easy Access Menu ... you need to do a '/n' and then re-run this transaction, it will work.

Thnx - AJ.

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

Please use /nbbpmainint

Kind regards,

Yann

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

1-To create vendor from the gui, please use transaction BBPMAININT (same as the web one).

2-BBP000

3-you will have then a vendor tab where you can enter the purchasing org node as well as other data.

Kind regards,

Yann