cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefhter_ Mail notification to Controller

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts, I´m setting FF and I couldn´t receive any mail notification in the Controller´s Inbox.

My Firefighter is configured like this:

1- I Created RFC conection

2- I Created Jobs

/VIRSA/ZVFATBAK

/VIRSA/ZVFAT_LOG_REPORT

/VIRSA/ZVFAT_LOG_NOTIFICATION

4- I set FF configuration

Send Log Report Execution Notification YES

5- The RSCONN01 job is running every few seconds.

6-The Controllers are identified and have the "email" delivery setting maintained.

The Controller's email address is defined correctly within SU01 and the communication method type is set to "email" as per the configured node in SCOT.

I read the following notes and nothing.

1065048 Superuser Log Not sent in Email to Controller

1039144 Superuser job is not completing

If anyone can help me, it would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please verify the "Configuration Parameters" of Firefighter mentioned in Page 78 of Configuration guide and make sure the Parameter ""Send Log Report Execution Notification" is configured under Configuration tab.

To configure go to "Configuration" tab click on "New Entries" and select the parameter "Send Log Report Execution Notification" from dropdown and provide the value "YES" and click "Save".

Please also refer to following forum thread for similar issue.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Sirish Gullapalli.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

chinmaya prakash

The time zone is zinc and i changed the alert to type work flow and the alerts are not being generated.

David Wood

I check SCOT and i didn`t see any Firefighter`s emails passing though. The mail doesn`t created.

I have setting "Send FirefightID Login Notification = YES"

Sirish Gullapalli

I verify the "Configuration Parameters" and the Parameter ""Send Log Report Execution Notification" is configured "YES".

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you had gone through all debug steps recomended by our friends in this form and still facing an issue, then please open a message with SAP GRC support. So that the GRC support can login to your system and debug the issue.

Best Regards,

Sirish Gullapalli.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What did you set for the following 2 parameters?

1. Send Log Report Execution Notification Immediately

2. Send Firefighter Login Notification Immediately

Documentation on these 2 parameters setup:

1. If you plan to receive the job at regular intervals, schedule the job /VIRSA/ZVFAT_LOG_REPORT at regular intervals, and set this parameter to No.

2. To schedule the /VIRSA/ZVFAT_LOG_NOTIFICATION report at regular intervals, set this parameter to No.

ref: Configuration Parameters section in AC53 Config Guide

After completion of this setup test some functions by logging into the systems using the firefighters....

Thanks,

Himadama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please also go through the note 1065048. Also what's the frequency of the job, if it is anything other than hourly please use the note 1039144. Also did you try using the work flow option with Send FirefightID Login Notification = YES.

Also, if the background job for firefighter has the relevant spools/logs transaction/logon etc than I would raise a message with SAP.

Also what version and support pack of GRC are you using and what is your backend system?

Thanks!

CP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Really i try all the advices that you told me, but i couldn´t be working the notification mail.

The version of my GRC is: AC-SPM 5.3_10.0.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is your VIRSANH also on the same support pack?

Thanks!

Chinmaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it is the same.

Any idea?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I configured ff few months ago and set validity dates for all ff users. I tried ff tool few weeks ago and ff didn't send out any notifications. But it sent out notifications in the initial setup. Today I checked all ff userids validity dates and changed to valid dates..now the ff tool sending out notifications...

so please check if the userids are expired....(firefighter id, owner and controller (and admin))....

Thanks,

Himadama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if the background user running those FF jobs has sufficient authorization.

Cheers !!

Zaheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Along with the advise provided in the above posts, also check the date time in the following table: /virsa/zffnotif

Chek that the noficiation type "2" has appropriate values in the past as this will be what the email will look for as the trigger to send.

Also, does the /virsa/zvfatbak job complete before the /virsa/zvfat_log_report job runs?

You may wish to implement the index on table CDHDR as menioned in the configuration guides to speed up the job performance and ensure that the jobs complete in the correct order.

Simon

dsanpor
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello.

Sorry my english is very bad.

In program: /VIRSA/ZVFAT_LOG_NOTIFICATION line 60

select single * from /virsa/zffnotif where notiftype = '1'.

if sy-subrc = 0.

Program go to /virsa/zffnotif y seek entry with notiftype = 1 if program not found this entry or notiftype = 2 then it finish.

Why /virsa/zffnotif-notiftype <> 1? I think that it is probably that program /VIRSA/ZVFAT_LOG_REPORT has executed before

/VIRSA/ZVFAT_LOG_NOTIFICATION program. Program /VIRSA/ZVFAT_LOG_REPORT modify this table/field with value "2".

If it is your case, probably I´ll write one SAP message.

We get this error after change the log of firefighter.

If you get solution, please write here. I´ll needed.

regards

dsanpor

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same issue and putting the email address in the user ID that owns/runs the background job resolved this issue.

GRC tries to create an email but if the user ID that is running the GRC SPM background for program /VIRSA/ZVFATBAK doesn't have the email address, the from field is empty and it doesn't create the email.

You have to do this in addition to all the activities that our other experts have suggested.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'd check SCOT and see if you can see the emails passing though. Look at the SMTP count before and after using FF and running background jobs. See if the emails are at least making it to SCOT.

You might try to set

Send FirefightID Login Notification = YES

as a test

Dave wood

Edited by: David Wood on Apr 23, 2010 9:48 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are your logs getting generated correctly? As in do you have the complete logs if you try to find them in the firefighter itself?

Thanks!

CP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its generated correctly and if i search this, i can find it.

It is too strange.

Best Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are sure that SCOT is working properly just ensure the following, Check the spool for RSCON01 to ensure there are no logs. Also, check the time zone for the user id executing this back ground job and the time zone for the user executing the back ground job for firefighter. They should be the same as the system time zone. Are the time zones in sync?

If it does not work than change the alert to type work flow to check if the alerts are being generated from firefighter as such, You will get the work flow alert on controllers sap id if you do any activity alternatively you can also see them from the tcode SBWP.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

CP