SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grantee Management - Billing - RRB on Liabilities - need an enhancement ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems like there is no way to configure RRB on Liabiltiies without an enhancement.

Scenario - Grant Billing where it may be on acccrals, liabilities or payments - one Billing Rule for each. No problem with RRB for Accruals (AP Invoices, GR/IR - using VT = 99) or RRB for Payments (using VT = 57). And no issue if unvaluated Goods Receipts (since invoice is accrual point with VT = 99).

The problem is with the "Valuated GR" scenario, which is perfectly valid for Public Sector, and when grant billing needs to e on the Invoice, not the Goods eceipt. There are several points to contend with :

1. GR/IR accrual needs to be ignored - so these account postings can be put in a GM Value Type Zn which is not billed for Liabilities (this has Debit to VT = 99 and Credit to VT = 54).

2. Invoice posting - Billing on VT = 54 to the Vendor (Liability Account) - this is a credit and will be billed with the wrong sign unless the VT = 54 is defined as "Payments" and so the SAP hard-coded program will multiply the credit entry by -1 and bill correctly.

Great so far. But then :

3. When the invoice is paid, we get the credit to cash outwards clearing and debit to Vendor (clearing the invoice) - and this debit it will be included in the RRB selection.

So I exepct an enhancement is needed to that for the RRB on Liabilities so the Doc Type can be checked.

- For an vendor invoice, the sign can be flipped (otional, so VT = 54 can be defined as a Actual and not a Payment).

- For the Payment document the VT = 54 can be ignored.

Note : none of the standard config is FI Doc Type related.

Several of my colleagues have come to the same conclusion - that an enhancement is needed. Have I missed something, or has SAP missed something ?

2 REPLIES 2

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have heard from other customers wanting to bill at Invoice receipt.

This was their approach:

At the time of posting the GR, they did not have two real postings, instead, they had 99 (real expense), Zn Statistical GR/IR.

In the Invoice receipt, you would then have a Zn (stat) and a 54 to liabilities (AP). You can code a BAdi to make Zn real only in the IR.

Then, they had a billing rule to pick value types 99 and Zn only.

it is true that they were actually using a badi, but I think it's simpler to handle a badi based on value types rather than document type.

Maybe this could fit your scenario too?

Kind regards

Mar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for that.

Given the lack of other comments in this forum to the contrary, and given that the helpful answer was to use a BAdI, this confirms the view (which I and several of my not inexperienced colleagues have) that SAP "out-of-the-box" cannot bill grants at LIV Invoice with valuated Goods Receipt.

Cheers.