cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outbound Service/Message interface in PI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anybody let me know the following please...

How should I go about "Creating an Outbound Service/Message interface in PI 7.1 " ? Or even check if there is an existing one already. ?

How to access ESR/IR ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunilchandra007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

ESR/IR can be accessed by the url : http://<host>:<port>/rep or from java stack, use the tcode sxmb_ifr.

To create a new service interface, Check the menu Object> new> Interface Objects>Service Interface. Enter the details and press create.

To search for a service interface, Object>Find> Object Type>Interface Objects>Service Interface. Now enter * in textbox near name. You will get all the interface list.

Regards,

Sunil Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sunil!

How should I create WSDL from the interface?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

You can created WSDL by following Methods

1.From ESR: open the service interface-> You can see a tab "WSDL" there, just click and EXPORT to your local folder.

2. From ID :(1) Go to Tools-display WDSL->click propose URL ->then enter the details as required -> once the wizard is finished WSDL will be Generated You can save that locally and share with the sending Party.

(2)If your configuration is completed then , open your Sender Agreement and say display WSDL. you will not be asked to enter any details The wsdl will be generated.

Regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!

Now, I am trying to create a JAVA Proxy (Web Service Proxy in PI 7.1) in NWDS.

I don't have any view in the NWDS, that has a name "Enterprise Service Browser".., I am using NWDS 7.0 sp18..,

Do I have to install 7.1 to create the java proxy from wsdl?

I even installed NWDS 7.1, but update is taking very long time, very very slow download...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

Could you please explain a little more on your scenario.

Please refer the document for help Consume Enterprise Services in Java Using

SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio

[Consume Enterprise Services in Java Using SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/80d9fbfe-1e97-2c10-e9b3-ad9a10f1f6cb?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

Also you can find good links in this forum [post|;

try if you get some clue to your problem after going through these documents.

Regards.

Srinivas

Helpful => Star

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the "Enterprise Service Browser" View , How to determine what option to take?

2 options are mentioned in the help: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/EN/b5/03644264df0d53e10000000a155106/content.htm

1. Generate an outside-in Web service based on the WSDL of a Service Interface

2. Generate a Web service proxy based on the WSDL of a Service Interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

As you have created the ESR objects and need to implement the Webservice now , i think you can use "Generate an outside-in Web service based on the WSDL of a Service Interface".

outside-in approach is like you start with interface and then work on the implementation, then generate and implement a proxy in the backend. This proxy then is turned into a Web service. This is the preferred approach for creating enterprise services, because the service metadata is stored in the Integration Repository.

[ Reference|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/46d6c25d-0b01-0010-06a9-8e8218753c02?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true#q-13]

Regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas

I successfully generated the client from NWDS using the "Enterprise Service Browser". I assigned the project name as my EJB project and EAR projects.

Now I get an error in the wsdl file:

The <name> port type specified for the '<name>Binding' binding is undefined. Check the <name> port type name and ensure it is defined.

How to fix this error...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Removing wsp:Policy tags, as mentioned in this thread solved the problem

Answers (0)