cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customize EarlyWatch Alert

0 Kudos

Hello,

Does anybody know if the EarlyWatch Alert can be customice with the desired content? or if is it posible to get a daily report with monitoring tasks, such as dumps in the systems, entries in SM21.. etc...?

Thanks in advance!

Ana.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

stuart_campbell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amit and Mark are completely right - EWA customizing is not possible - these are pre-defined checks based on plug-in tools

However you can customize Service Level Reporting SLR via /nDSWP --> Setup SL reporting

However it should be noted that SLR still only queries the standard EWA data, you may only be able to customize what EWA data is shown and for which systems, adding say additional checks or EWA data manipulation may not be possible.

In addition with SLR you may be able to report on "business process monitoring" which is something standard EWA may not have

Best wishes

Stuart

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am having the same need - to customize what EWA data is shown, for example, I would like to filter those annoying messages about too many users having too high permissions out.

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

For daily reporting you can set up "Interactive Reportng" (also known IT Performance Reporting).

This is a BW-based Reporting, and is a part of new Monitoring and Alerting Infrastructure.

All the important KPI, such as Availability, Performance, DB growth, etc. can be sent on daily basis per Mail.

kind regards

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your reply, Alex!

But can you please give me some more details - how is this report being set up, where

do I need to go to create and customize it. Kindly describe the steps or post a link!

Many thanks in advance!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

please use the following link to get more details about the "Interactive Reporting":

Interactive Reporting - SAP Solution Manager - SAP Library

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hello,

>

> Does anybody know if the EarlyWatch Alert can be customice with the desired content? or if is it posible to get a daily report with monitoring tasks, such as dumps in the systems, entries in SM21.. etc...?

>

>

> Thanks in advance!

> Ana.

Hi Ana

The Checks in a EWA report are hardcoded and cannot be customized. In a nutshell the content of a EWA cannot be changed.

However you can try using the SLR reports and change the variants for the reports to suit to your requirement.

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ana,

It is not possible to customize the EarlyWatch report content. The sections there are hard coded. Please view the following URL for a Java and ABAP example EWA reports.

http://service.sap.com/ewa

Then click on Media Library >

Sample Report EWA with Explainations ST-SER 620 2005 1 = Sample ABAP EWA

Sample Report EWA for Java Systems for ST-SER 700 2008 1 = Sample JAVA EWA

Sample Report EWA for Java Systems for ST-SER 701 2008 2 = Sample JAVA EWA 2

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Mark