cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Purchasing Group on Cost Center Change on Item Details on SC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have the requirement to change the Purchasing Org. Purchasing Group,plant and Company Code in accordance to account assignment if the account assignment is changed on SC by the user while creating it.

We are on extended classic scenario on SRM 7.0 and the org data is defaulted based on catagory selected on the 'describe requirements'.

When the account assignement is changed the BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI computes the right values for above mentioned parameters and update the ITEM_DATA and ORG_DATA tables and also pasess the other export parameters back.

Once the control comes back to the screen, all the other values except the purchasing group are changed. Interestingly if I change SC item value then the purchasing group is redetermined based on changed company code, but I don;t think this is due to DOC_CHANGE BADI.

Is there a way to change the purchasing group, we only have to change it if user changes the account assignment. I have seen the previous posts on the forum with mixed results some were able to do and some not.

In my case clearly all other values are getting changed except the purchasing group, is this a WD4A UI issue or natural SRM behaviour?

Any help/pointers are appreciated !!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Note 1456553 - G/L Account details deleted

check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't see this note as relevant to us in what we are trying to achieve, could you help me understand?

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes. when you change the purchase group and responsible product category too will change right?

MUT - Muthuraman - Purchase group name

muthu is responsible for CHAIR product category only

PRA - Pravenn Purchase group name

praveen is responsible for COMPUTER product category

but our GL accounts are matched with product category ...

let me know when you change the purchase group . why?

br

Mutu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the way we are changing our purchase org etc... they are fetched on the product catagory.

i.e. the old purchasing group supported that and the new purchasing group will also support the same catagory, org structure data is set this way that a product catagory is there as an attribute in different responsible org units. So, the G/L is populated in my case.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what about redistribution of workload.

here you have options right?