cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IDES 4.7 on Debian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all:

Just wondering if anyone could advise, or relate any documentation to me with regards to installing IDES 4.7 on Debian!

I have found the following documentation: [url=https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/4b5f23d3-0901-0010-19b6-d2e98d5586fb]However this relates to a newer version of both IDES and Oracle!

Any help much appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ides will be installed the same way as a "normal" sap r3:

-> check + apply prerequisites

-> install central instance

-> install rdbms (plz use oracle 9.2 as 8.1.7. is no longer suppotrted)

-> install database instance using the ides export cds instead of the standard export cds

-> post activities

GreetZ, AH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

I installed successfully IDES 47E on windows2000AdvServer with Oracle 817. But what are the post installation activities need to do? can you send me the check list to my email id.Sreedhar.Pedakanti@ipaper.com.

Thanks for your help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where can I find the "The SAP ERP 2004 SR1 IDES installation media"?

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

wehre to find "SAP ERP 2004 SR1 IDES installation media"?

At your local flea market, where else?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Can anybody help me in <b>Installation of SAP 4.6c or SAP 4.7 on Redhat Linux(any version) with oracle database.</b>

waiting for reply...

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Lakshman.

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Lakshman,

what are your specific problems with the installation? A good starting point when you install SAP on RedHat maybe

<a href="http://service.sap.com/~IRON/FM/011000358700000431401997/722273">SAP Note 722273</a>

and maybe

<a href="http://service.sap.com/~IRON/FM/011000358700000431401997/171356">SAP Note 171356</a>

The first note (722273) describes all steps which has to be done on the operating system level before starting an installation. Maybe something was not setup correctly.

Did you check these two SAP Notes already?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hannes Kuehnemund,

Thanks for ur quick reply.

Hannes i know about those 2 SAP Notes, but i dont have any username/password to access those SAP Notes from the SAP site.

I have successfully installed and configured both 4.6c and 4.7 with oracle database on windows platform.

But i am interested in installation of SAP on linux Platforms.Hannes, Could u send me those 2 pdf's to my mail-id if u have.

<b>My Mail id is :</b> bplsg@yahoo.com

Thnaks in advance

waiting for u r reply.

Regards,

Lakshman.

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm sorry to say, but I cannot send out these SAP Notes.

But nevertheless you can easily create a S-User <a href="https://websmp105.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/002006825000100141192000E/">here</a>. This user has the privelages to access SAP Notes.

Cheers,

Hannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hannes,

Thanks for u r reply, but i am not a partner/customer for SAP to create that S-user as u said.

Well Hannes, i am working as a Systems Engineer.so i am Learning BASIS my own, for that i am trying to Install the SAP r/3 on linux paltform on my system.

Please suggest me solution and help me in learning BASIS.

Waiting for u r reply..

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Lakshman.

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshman,

maybe someone else from this forum can E-Mail these notes to you.

Cheers,

Hannes

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mail is sent.

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

you can edit your initial message and add [ /url ] without the spaces behind "Setup SAP ERP 2004 SR1 IDES on Debian Sarge with Oracle" then the Link will show up. Have you tried to setup with my instructions? I think it should be pretty mutch the same for 4.7 also. What DB do you want to use? At which point do you run into problems?

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

Yes, made somewhat of an error trying to display URL! Yes I had a look at your install guide and I didn't think it would apply due to my using IDES 4.7/Oracle 8i? In that case is the install guide pretty much generic?

Regards

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

For some reason the above was supposed to show: SAP IDES 4.7 - Just in case!