cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

import rule txt file

0 Kudos

In GRC 5.3 I want to synch prd rule set with dev ruleset. I have downloaded prd rule set including change log. This txt file has first few lines:

PE1CLNT100

M VIRSA_CC_BUSPRC BZPRCID

D VIRSA_CC_BUSPRC BS00

Now if i want to import the file to Dev GRC, should i change the system name)from PE1CLNT100 to DE1CLNT200) in the file and then import? or can import it without any change?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

There is no need to edit the file.

When you export rules in DEV, you can also enter the target system before the export so that the file is generated correctly.

Additional hint: use a logical system, then this gets A LOT easier.

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This confused me as well as I would export the ruleset from DEV and specify the PROD server name as the export to. But I would still see the DEV server in the exported file.

This does work as expected though. I think after the import the "generate rules" function corrects these entries and all is well

Dave wood

0 Kudos

I have imported rules successfully. After successful import ,an automatic background job was started for permission rule generation. That job is also complete.

Is there anything that I need to generate/run?

0 Kudos

After the rule import to dev GRC, I ran SOD in prod and dev on an identical user ID(has same access in both systems) but found different SOD results. Please advise what other steps need to be performed to make both systems in synch after rule upload.

martin_trachsel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

It depends, against which system you have already generated the risk in your development system. If you have generated your risk to DE1CLNT200, than you should change this value in the txt file, before you load the ruleset in the dev system.

Cheers

Martin