cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need SAP Netweaver ce 7.1 Expert for MII 12.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Currently doing an install of SAP EHP1 Netweaver ce 7.1 (JAVA) w/ Oracle for Windows 2003 Server x64 64 bit. I have tried posting this on the NW forum, but I am not getting any responses. I did the Oracle 10g (patch as well) install and then proceeded to install netweaver. During the install, NW throws an error stating there is no Oracle installed. Has anyone seen this error or is there an expert at SAP that I could contact to assist in this problem since most of the people I have talked to have not seen or heard of this issue?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregory,

Have you checked your security policies? Your Netweaver 7.0 install might have full localadmin access being a desktop without any default admin local security objects removed but in your VM perhaps there are stricter security group policies applied which causes the Oracle installation to not have rights to fully install everything?

When we did our install we did notice MS SQL 2008 encountered these types of security issues and it was due to our VMs having what was considered default admin local policies removed.

My suggestion would be to have a closer look at the Oracle installation, perhaps running it manually instead of using the VBS script? Perhaps even trying to ask an oracle dba might help shed light on why your installation is not setting things up properly.

I assume you are trying a local system installation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Danny,

This has been my gut feel the whole time. Currently, SAP and local engineers are looking into the Oracle installation. We will be trying the desktop install to prove or disprove the VM possibility. Thanks Danny, for providing this info. I was hoping someone else had this issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Danny,

We have not looked at the VM as everyone seems to think it is an Oracle or SAP issue. We will be getting a stand alone box sometime this morning and hopefully this solves the issue. One thing I could check on was the rights my domain account has. I am listed in the Administrator group and have full privileges to this VM. Is there something else that could restrict my access from a VM setting or do I have the maximum amount of rights needed?

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Did you reboot after you installed oracle? What is the exact error message?

Jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

More information has come across to the possibilities of this issue. The main issue is there are no services except SQL*Plus installed on this VM server. We are thinking that the VM installed is actually blocking the vbs files needed for this install. Do you know anything about this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I does not appear to be the vm's blocking the vbs scripts, but the oracle install is not installing the services necessary and ORACLE_HOME is not registered in the environment variables.

Former Member
0 Kudos

DB Oracle 10g (10.2)

DB Oracle Patch (10.2.04)

VMWARE environment

OS Windows Server 2003 x64 64bit

SAP EHP1 Netweaver ce 7.1

SAP MII 12.1

Oracle:

When prepping the environment, we installed Oracle on the D:\ using a vb script that uses our file location of 😧 and our SAPSID that we assigned and it proceeds with the installation.

Everything appears to install properly as there were no errors so we rebooted and prepared the patch (10.2.04).

During this time period we noticed that the "Installed Items" shows that 93 items have been installed.

We proceeded with the install. Everything appeared to be installed properly so we rebooted.

NW ce 7.1:

We started up the SAPINST executable and walked through the wizard without incident until it came for the NW wizard to location the Oracle environment.

An error was thrown during this wizard and we were not allowed to continue the installation.

Post Installation of Oracle:

After discovering the issues with Netweaver, we snooped around trying to figure out why Oracle was not recognized.

First, the ORACLE_HOME environment variable was not set by the Oracle installation wizard.

Second, none of the Oracle services were present that were necessary to start Oracle.

---

We created the ORACLE_HOME instance with the correct path.

We manually turned on the necessary services using DOS

We created the listener using Oracle's Net configuration assistant.

None of this has worked.

Conclusion:

Funny thing is we reviewed a similar setup of Netweaver 7.0 that uses the exact same Oracle installation files from SAP and we extracted them onto out 7.1 installation.

We installed Oracle and we do not have any improvements.

The 7.0 box installed all of the components correctly, but the 7.1 did not.

The main difference is the 7.0 environment is a simple desktop and the 7,1 environment is a VM.

Any thoughts on what we could do to fix this issue?