cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barcode printing on Printronix printer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to print barcode on printronix printer from smartform. When i use same smartform to print barcode on laser printer, barcode will be printed. But barcode will not be printed on Printronix printer. I have already created device type YPTP7000 & "Print using berkeley protocol" used as access method for printronix printer.

Thanks in advance,

Mitesh Mehta.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

do you use old or new barcode technology?

- for old technology, you have to maintain the printer-specific commands in SE73.

- for new technology, the printer must use a driver (at device type level) that handles graphics (because SAP converts barcode into a graphic), PCL, Postscript or ZPL. But if you have a recent release, the Printer Vendor Program (PVP) allows vendors to provide they own drivers -> check Printronix device types/drivers in their website.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks fo yr quick reply.

I m using new technology & i have already downloaded device type YPTP7000 from site. But still printing is not coming. is there any printer setting required on printer ?

Thanks.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> - for new technology, the printer must use a driver (at device type level) that handles graphics (because SAP converts barcode into a graphic), PCL, Postscript or ZPL. But if you have a recent release, the Printer Vendor Program (PVP) allows vendors to provide they own drivers -> check Printronix device types/drivers in their website.

Same answer as previously. Tell me what is not clear.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually there is print server between printer & PC. we removed it.

We are going to use printer as local printer. so barcode is printed.

Thanks a lot to all for helping me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are many more configuration setting even in SAP systems as well while using Printronix printer.

Please have a look on below link detailed documentation for the same.

[http://www.printronix.com/uploadedFiles/Products/Related_Information/254244_A.pdf]

I hope it help you.

Regards,

Lokesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have read document and already applied but barcode in not printed. Is there any solutions ?

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont' know if you read my posts, maybe you didn't understand. Do you have PVP, did you contact printronix or sap support (I don't know if printronix is gold or silver)

Does your printer prints graphics successfully?

What printer model is it?

What did you do exactly?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes , we post message to SAP. Reply from SAP is :

barcode YMPI_MAT uses the new barcode technology. The new

barcode technology can only be used, if you print via a

device type, which uses the printer language PCL, Postscript, Prescribe

or ZPL-II, or if you print via one of the SAPWIN device types.

Please see note 430887 for more information. Device type YPTP7000

does not use any of these printer languages. So you cannot

use the new barcode technolgy here.

still i m not getting barcode.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shouldn't you tell that before?

So, SAP tells you that you can't print barcode with new technology. So, use old barcode technology: it consists in reading the printer manual, and define barcodes as a sequence of bytes using "print controls" (SPAD transaction). You have 1 prefix and 1 postfix sequences. SAP will add the barcode content (your variable) between them.