cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction Varinat for Shopping Cart screen BBPSC02

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing a problem with the transaction variant which I have created for the standard transaction BBPSC02. Below are the steps which I have followed to create it in development system:

In SHD0 Transaction, I have first created a variant group Z_CTLG_ACC_GP and saved it,

As we know, the transaction variant name will be automatically judged by SAP, i.e. when I went to the transaction variant tab, automatically a name will be there, here it was Z_CTLG_ACC_GPBBPSC02 for me.

Then I have clicked on the create button and as usual it gave me a popup message that the transaction variant Z_CTLG_ACC_GPBBPSC02 belongs to the variant group Z_CTLG_ACC_GP.

I have clicked on continue, and then in the next set of screens, I have made some fields in the screen 0110 and 0150 invisible as per the requirement.

Now In the last screen I have clicked on the button u2018Exit and Saveu2019 which took me to a screen where all the screen s are lined up, there I have given a description to the transaction variant u2018Restricted Access to SRM Catalogsu2019.

Then saved it and went back to the main screen of SHD0.

Now, I have created a variant transaction u2018ZSSRM_CATALOG_ACCESSu2019 and assigned the created transaction variant to it i.e. Z_CTLG_ACC_GPBBPSC02

Now In the variant group tab, I have assigned a user u2018USER_85055u2019, who has only one transaction in his role i.e. u2018ZSSRM_CATALOG_ACCESSu2019

Now this user u2018USER_85055u2019 can see his changes successfully in the SRM link for the development system.

But the customer came up with new requirement that the changes should also work for the normal user without affecting the standard one i.e. When the normal user goes to ZSSRM_CATALOG_ACCESS, he should see the respective changes, but when he uses the standard transaction i.e. BBPSC02, he should not get affected ( standard should not get changed).

This particular requirement is working perfectly in SAP GUI for the development system. But when the normal user goes to this transaction ZSSRM_CATALO_ACCESS in SRM link, he is not able to see the changes.

To overcome this I have tried to add even the normal user to this variant group Z_CTLG_ACC_GP, but it is reflecting the changes in standard also.

Could anyone please help.

Thank you very much in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! You have added the new transaction to the start-menu of your standard users? If you check source when a standard user is starting the z-bbpsc02-transaction, which transaction is shown?

brgs ziggy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply!.

Yes, we have added the transaction to the Start- Menu of the standard users only.

we have assigned this transaction to a role and this role is given to both standard users and also to the users who we want to restrict, the restricted users have access to only this new transaction.

But by "source" do you want us to check the source of HTML coding of that page in the SRM development link..?

Thanks and Regards,

Venkatesh.

Edited by: venkatesh333 on Apr 26, 2010 1:58 PM

Edited by: venkatesh333 on Apr 26, 2010 1:59 PM

Edited by: venkatesh333 on Apr 26, 2010 2:02 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have created a new service for custom transaction to resolve this issue.