Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS Migration Advice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

This is the scenario:

I have one SAP Instance, with DIR's being stored into 15 different Content Servers.

I have written a program to download all document data to a spreadsheet, including the storage categories, etc et al.

I have written a program to recreate these records in a new SAP System.

The Old Content Server instances will remain as is. Do I need to download the originals to a file server and upload them again against the DIR's. or is there a way that I can leave the originals on the content servers and somehow create the pointers in the new system?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cristoph,

Thanks for the reply.

Just to understand:

If I create a new Content Server for the new system, and move the documents using the programs, I am assuming that the DIR from the old system would need to exist on the new system?

Please advise.

Regards.

Freddie.

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Freddie,

if I understood you right then the originals remain on the content server and you just want them to be available in a new system?

In this case you have to made sure that the required content repositories and storage categories exist in the new system. Then also the necessary DMS database tables (e.g. DMS_PH_CD1, DMS_PHF_CD1, DMS_DOC2LOIO, DMS_PHIO2FILE) need to be

filled with the values from the former system.

From DMS point of view I would recommend you to setup a new content server for the new system. Then you can transport the orignal file data from the former server to the new one with report RSCMSEX and RSCMSIM (see SAP note 445057) and there might be no overwriting problems in the future. Because SAP always recommends to use one Content Server per system.

Otherwise I would recommend you to download the files on a special server and upload them again to the DIRs in the new system.

Best regards,

Christoph