cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archivelink in background

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I've a report to attach files in the archivelink, by calling standard function modules as: ARCHIV_DTFILE_SAVE, ARCHIVOBJECT_CREATE_FILE, ARCHIV_CONNECTION_INSERT, ... and it works properly in a front-end execution.

The problem is that this report needs to be executed in background and these functions doesn't work in background mode.

Is there any other way you know another way to do it (another function modules, ...)?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by: Pablo P. on Apr 22, 2010 2:25 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra,

Thanks for your quick response.

I've glanced the links you gave me. It's quite related to the matter. Despite this, what I need is an alternative to the functions I've used, but that works in a background process. I mean, a program run in a job. The functions I use works in a on-line execution. But they use inside GUI functions as WS_UPLOAD and so on, and they're incompatible with batch processes.

Thanks again,

Pablo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pablo,

just have a look at ARCHIV_DIALOG_LATE.

I copied this function and set my own variables for business doc type, filepath etc. so no popups are appearing. Now I´m able to run this in background mode. Works fine.

Hope I could help you, and it isn´t to late. If you found another solution please share it.

greetz Matthew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks greetz!

We've tried to follow another way to solve it.

Thanks anyway. I take note of your solution, because it looks quite fine.

Thanks again!

Best regards,

Pablo Pinto.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pablo,

how do you solve it?

greetz Matthew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi greetz,

Because this matter hurried, I implemented the attachment in another point of the code, where I could do it on-line, instead of in a batch process. The second option would have been better but, evaluating the urgency of the matter, I chose the option of doing it in another place so as to be able to do it on-line, in a user transaction.

Pablo Pinto.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly check where the documents are stored,i hope these are not stored in k-pro and will move to database.

You check for content server setting and get back on the same.

Regards,

Ravindra