cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to select different company code when creating a bid invitation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

is it possible for a purchaser to create bid invitations for several company codes? We have central purchasing organisation which is doing procurement for several company codes. I couldn't find any way to enter company code in the bid invitation. The company code is automatically taken from the user assignment in org. structure.

Please advise.

Many thanks,

Elena

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This helps me already a lot, but a little bit more I still want .

What is necessary to give the purchaser the possibility to enter the company code on the screen himself? I guess I need somehow extend the screen itself.

Elena

Former Member
0 Kudos

That depends a bit on what SRM release you are on. Are you on SRM 7 or anything lower than that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have SRM 5.0 (SRM Server 550) as AddOn in ECC 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then You would have to do the following:

1) Modify screen 1200 for function group BBP_BID_INV, by adding one more input field referenced to BBPS_BID_UI_HEADER-CO_CODE

2) Modify HTML template SAPLBBP_BID_INV 1200 according to 1), meaning situate your input field at a spot you want.

Now you should (hopefully) see the input field on the screen when you run "process bid invitation". If not, hmm...

Then you would incorporate the BADI implementation (BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI) to populate the CO_CODE field for document header. I hope I am not missing anything. Let me know if it works out for you.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

thank you very much. As it would be SAP modification, we are still waiting for approval from business. But I think the solution you proposed would fix the problem.

I wonder if there is a way to modify the screen without doing SAP modification, something like user exit. I checked that there is a structure INCL_EEW_PD_HEADER_CSF_BID for customer fields in the bid invitation. On the other hand, the field for company code is already in the standard (table bbp_pdhgp), we just want to have it on the screen and change the value which the system determined.

Many thanks,

Elena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually you remind me of an alternative which might not need modifcation.

1. Create a custom field on header level, say, Z_CO_CODE, of the exact same type as CO_CODE. If properly defined, this field should appear on header basic data of your document display without much hassle.

2. Use BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI to move user input of this field to CO_CODE field.

Let me know if it works out for you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

thank you for the hint. Is really a SAP standard modification required, or can it be solved with BAdis? I have no feeling if it is a big deal or it can be solved relatively easy.

Many thanks and best regards,

Elena

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK. If all you want is to have some kind of logic to change the default company code when creating the Bid Invitation, then no biggie. You can implement BADI BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI for object type BUS2200 (for Bid Invitation), where you change the default CO_CODE for header.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you have observed, the standard Bid Invitation creation takes the user's company code without the possibility to change it on the screen. If you want to have it as an input field on the screen, you would have to develop modification for it.