Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

display queue in th emessage mapping

venkatasap
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SapAll.

i just want to know about the proper reason on why the pi developers do the display queue in the message mapping programs of every interface that they develope.if so how we can do the proper display queue,as it is displaying in irregular format when i click on display queue especially after testing with the sample xsd under test tab.

will be waiitng for a proper answer .

regards.

Varma.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI verma,

With display Queue u can actually check for:

1) the values present for the source fileds

2) If any functions used in the mapping, then u can display what r the inputs to that function and what is the output of that function.

Ex: If u use remove context function to map the fileds, then by displaying the Queue of target filed, u can easilly see the context changes.

Display the Queues of sorce and target fileds. u can easilly find the difference.

If u use split by value, then u can see the extra context changes for the target field.

3) Where exactky the mapping is throwing exception (at what field) i.e., if u right click on any field and if u click display Queue,: if the queue is displayed then at that point the mapping is working fine, but if it has error then by selecting display queue it throws the exception there itself. Hence we can make sure that the mapping is failing at that particular fleld.

Thanks,

shabbir.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please go through this blog to understand when we can use the display queue option.

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/06/09/introduction-to-queues-in-message-mapping

Regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varma,

The Display queue is one of the debugging option available in Mapping in PI.

Using the Display queue you can see the intermediate resultin the mapping.We can analyse the values comming and exiting a particular element in the mapping.It is extemley helpful when you are working with context changes.

Before you try display queue please make sure that your mapping is complete.(source and target elements are mapped and shoudl show green not yellow)

Regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Verma,

In display queue u can view format of values processed in a particular step. Here format of values means input values combined with ontext objects.Through this option u can get clear picture of any step. u can see the values before and after any function processing. So to make ur mapping perfect display queue has to be used.

Thanks

Nayan

Former Member
0 Kudos

> i just want to know about the proper reason on why the pi developers do the display queue in the message mapping programs of every interface that they develope.

Display queue is used to see the output at particular place in mapping so that you can correct your mappings if the output at any particular place is not correct.

>if so how we can do the proper display queue,as it is displaying in irregular format when i click on display queue especially after testing with the sample xsd under test tab.

Just right clikc on mapping and select disply queue is the proper way to display the queue. What do you mean by irregular format. Can you explain it in detail.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

display queue is used to see which values are coming in which particular context.

Thanks