cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Netweaver installation Phase "Import ABAP"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guru's

Im installing ABAP Netweaver 7.0, EHP1, SR1, on windows 2008 server, MS SQL server 2008, but I cant get past Import Abap step. I'm installing from my own user which has administrator rights, and the <sid>adm has administrator rights on SQL and on the server. Windows firewall is disabled during installation. According to the statement "A required privilege is not held by the client." it seems like authorization issues. But my user and <sid>adm has all the rights possible on windows and sql. Still I get this error:

ERROR 2010-04-22 13:10:38.222

FSL-06002 Error 1314 (A required privilege is not held by the client.

) in execution of a 'CreateProcess' function, line (310), with parameter (J:\usr\sap\xxx\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\R3load.exe ...).

INFO 2010-04-22 13:10:38.223

Working directory changed to C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW701\AS-ABAP\MSS\CENTRAL.

ERROR 2010-04-22 13:10:38.226

MUT-03025 Caught ESyException in Modulecall: ESAPinstException: error text undefined.

ERROR 2010-04-22 13:10:38.238

FCO-00011 The step testDatabaseConnection with step key |NW_ABAP_OneHost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|NW_CreateDBandLoad|ind|ind|ind|ind|10|0|NW_ABAP_Import_Dialog|ind|ind|ind|ind|5|0|NW_ABAP_Import|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|testDatabaseConnection was executed with status ERROR ( Last error reported by the step :Caught ESyException in Modulecall: ESAPinstException: error text undefined.).

Is anyone able to help me on this one?

Thanks in advance!

-Soren

Edited by: Soeren Friis Pedersen on Apr 22, 2010 1:31 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

Its a domain installation - but I got it to work by starting the sapinst all over again, and running sapisnt with new data (serviceaccounts etc) with windows firewall and UAC disabled. I think it might have been related to some of the stored data (the continue with old options when starting sapinst) which might have pointed to information which at that point didnt have the required authorization.

Thank you for taking time to look into my issues.

Kind Regards,

Soren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

First of all thanks for your time looking into my problem.

I tried disabling UAC, rebooting the server, restarting (Using old options when running SAPInst) but i fails in exact same spot - could it be because I'm using the old options when starting sapinst? should I start over from scratch?

It still fails with the same entry in the log:

sapinst_dev log:

FCO-00011  The step testDatabaseConnection with step key |NW_ABAP_OneHost

and

sapinst log:

Switched to user: xxxadm. (where xxx = my system ID)
FSL-06002  Error 1314 (A required privilege is not held by the client)

If you have any other suggestions please let me know. Both my user and <sid>adm has full server and sql authorisations.

Thanks in advance!

-Soren

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> sapinst log:

>

> Switched to user: xxxadm. (where xxx = my system ID)
> FSL-06002  Error 1314 (A required privilege is not held by the client)
> 

> If you have any other suggestions please let me know. Both my user and <sid>adm has full server and sql authorisations.

That doesn't mean that is has the proper OS policies. You need special policies like "lock pages in memory" and "act as part of the operating system".

Is this a local installation (which is no more supported with Windows 2008) or a domain installation?

Markus

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Im installing ABAP Netweaver 7.0, EHP1, SR1, on windows 2008 server, MS SQL server 2008, but I cant get past Import Abap step. I'm installing from my own user which has administrator rights, and the <sid>adm has administrator rights on SQL and on the server. Windows firewall is disabled during installation. According to the statement "A required privilege is not held by the client." it seems like authorization issues. But my user and <sid>adm has all the rights possible on windows and sql.

Windows 2008 has a new concept of permissions called "UAC", so even if you're administrator you don't have "full rights".

The easiest way to circumvent that problem is to disable UAC:

- start - execute - "msconfig"

- last tab

- disable UAC

- reboot

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Markus,

Thank you for your reply!

I have installed a couple NW'ers now on 2008, and i used to get past the UAC issue by rightclicking and running explorer and sapinst as administrator, this should usually do it. It seems to be something else, I just cant pin point what it should be.

ERROR      2010-04-22 14:55:36.424 
           CJSlibModule::writeError_impl() 
MUT-03025  Caught ESyException in Modulecall: ESAPinstException: error text undefined.

TRACE      2010-04-22 14:55:36.424 [iaxxejsbas.hpp:483]
           EJS_Base::dispatchFunctionCall() 
JS Callback has thrown unknown exception. Rethrowing.

ERROR      2010-04-22 14:55:36.435 [sixxcstepexecute.cpp:950]
FCO-00011  The step testDatabaseConnection with step key |NW_ABAP_OneHost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|NW_CreateDBandLoad|ind|ind|ind|ind|10|0|NW_ABAP_Import_Dialog|ind|ind|ind|ind|5|0|NW_ABAP_Import|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|testDatabaseConnection was executed with status ERROR ( Last error reported by the step :Caught ESyException in Modulecall: ESAPinstException: error text undefined.).

or this:

INFO 2010-04-22 14:55:36.370
Switched to user: <sid>adm.

ERROR 2010-04-22 14:55:36.419
FSL-06002  Error 1314 (A required privilege is not held by the client.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As mentioned above disable UAC will only do .

I have faced almost same problem as because of UAC sidadm will loose some auth.

So for installation purpose i suggest you to disable UAC, that might help.

Regards,

Gagan Deep Kaushal