cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: No universe found for this document in the CMC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a universe which drives around 45 Web Intelligence reports in Business Objects XI R2.

Recently, when I made changes in the universe and tried to export it, the Designer interface hung and further it was found that the universe file got corrupted for some reason.

Now, the administrator deleted the universe from the CMC and exported a copy of the same universe that I had saved on my local machine before exporting. He was successful in doing so. However, when the associated Webi reports are accessed, an error message " Some objects are no longer available in the universe. Error 10001 Error INF" is displayed.

In the CMC, FOLDERS> Report Properties > Universe: shows - " No document found for this document"

I know we are missing out on something simple. Any pointers will be extremely helpful.

Many thanks!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rahul, I hope you backed up the old universe before promoting the new one. if you have, you can simply roll back to the previous version. that should resolve the corrupted CUID problem. Then make your change again.

By the way, I also hope that you are making your changes in Dev, then promote the Universe from Dev to Test to Production. It is never a good idea to make changes directly in Production.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I beleve there was a unique identifier for the old universe. You could probably restore from an old cms database backup and filestore backup to get it back that way. The other (probably better option) would be to go into the webi documents themselves and specify the universe there. I believe XIR2 had this functionality although I don't recall for sure when it was introduced (may have been 3.x). There may be some other alternatives, these are the few that came to mind initially. Good luck!