cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jco RFC connection failure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have a requirement to push material data from Teamcenter to SAP . I have used JCO connector to connect to SAP.

itz throwing following Exception:: RFC_ERROR_LOGON_FAILURE:-userid or password incorrect (Repeat logon).

1. Will there any settings required in SAP to connect.(I hope it doesn't required @ SAP side)

2.My user type (Service user)

3.Does my user id should have any specific roles assigned?

4.Any other configuration settings required.

I am requesting you guys help me out to how to solve this issue.

Thank you in advance..

Rgds,

Vijay.G

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

First try to find out what JCo's connector you are using and try to check it you have provided right userid and password.

Location where you can find JCo's

Go to Content administartion --> WebDynpro --> Maintain JCos Connection --> (here find out you JCo and preview and try to edit the right details and save it . finally test the application.

Please let me know if you still face the problem.

Regards

Vijai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijai,

Could you please let me know how to access below path in SAP.

Location where you can find JCo's

Go to Content administration --> WebDynpro --> Maintain JCos Connection -->

My question is do we need to install Jco connector in SAP server, my requirement is to push data from Teamcenter to SAP.

Regards,

Vji.G

Edited by: vijay krishna on Apr 29, 2010 11:57 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

to access JCo's connection , firstly you need to have SAP Portal with Content administration role , than try to locate that path what i mention in my previous post. secondly if you use standard JCo connection by default you will find it , if not we need to create custom JCo's

let me know if you still have any problem.

Regards

Vijay

0 Kudos

Hi,

First, check whether the java connectors are properly configured in Teamcenter system, try running the connection test programs that are available with the JCO software.

Second, check whether the user is provided with necessary authorizations from which you are about to login into SAP system, as the Teamcenter user should be able to trigger Remote-enabled function modules/ BAPI's of SAP.

Try triggering the correct BAPI or RFM and pass the necessary parameters in the java program.

This should solve your problem.

Cheers

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to have permissions on the SAP system to execute a remote function call.

Are you specifying the correct login parameters other than your username and password? You need to specify the SAP Client, application server name and system number correctly.

Thanks,

Wenonah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Wenonah,

Thank you very much for your Reply,

Yes, I have given correct parameters to the JCo connector.But still it is throwing JcoException(103): RFC_ERROR_LOGON_FAILURE:Userid or Password incorrect.

I am not able to clear why it is throwing this exception, even i can able to login into sap with same login credentials.

earlier you have mentioned SAP permissions required, can you please let me know what are all those permissions required.

Thank you Once again..

Regards,

Vijay.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

2.My user type (Service user)

even i can able to login into sap with same login credentials

Service user cannot make a dialog logon to the SAP system. So your initial setup is correct. But then you say that you can login to SAP with same login credentials.

Try one thing, in the JCO RFC specify an ID that has the 'SAP_ALL' profile. This will let us know weather its an authorization issue or something else.

Thanks,

Naveed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Naveed,

Thank you for your reply,

As you said i have assigned SAP_ALL role to userid, but still the same issue is persisting.

Is ther any other settings that we have to consider in either Teamceter or SAP.I have read some where about Visual Admin,is this needs to be installed in Teamcenter Server to establish connection between the two system before we calling JCo.

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Vji.G