cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPINST_JRE_HOME error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It looks that I have trouble in identifying how to point SAPINST_JRE_HOME points to the root directory of your Java installation.

Any idea how would I get my JDK registred to the right JREHOME

Error message.

APinst is getting started.

Please be patient ...

starting gui server process:

sapinstport: 21200

guiport : 21212

command : "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_05\lib;C:\j2sdk1.4.2_10\lib;%CLASSPATH%\bin\javaw.exe" -cp "C:/DOCUME1/P74000/LOCALS1/Temp/sapinst_exe.4944.1150915131\jar\instgui.jar;C:/DOCUME1/P74000/LOCALS1/Temp/sapinst_exe.4944.1150915131\jar\inqmyxml.jar" -Xmx256M -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true SDTServer config=jar:sdtserver.xml guiport=21212 sapinsthost=localhost sapinstport=21200

The process that should run the GUI Server could not be started. Please make sure that a JDK is installed on this host and that SAPINST_JRE_HOME points to the root

directory of your Java installation. As an alternative you may start the GUI Server on another host

(for details please consult the installation guide).

103 controller.errorStartingGuiWindows 1580

Exit status of child: 1

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am installing SAP sneak preview. When i starts sapinst, it is unable to login localhost:21212.

My computer name is sikander-xxxxxx. When i set localhost to sikander-xxxxxx, it compalains that my machine name is more than 13 characters long.

Than i renamed my computer name to sikander. Restarted the PC, again ran the sapinst, this time it again does not run.

I have also installed Loop back adapter, set IP to 10.10.0.10, i also modified system32/drivers/etc/host file (to 10.10.0.10 mycomputername )

Waiting for reply,

Thanks in advance.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Check this guide.

/people/sugree.phatanapherom/blog/2005/08/17/a-visual-installation-guide-on-sneak-preview-sap-netweaver-04-abap-edition

Which jdk do you have installed?

Regards,

Rich Heilman

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Right click on "My Computer" from your desktop. Choose properties. Click the Advanced tab, click the Environment Variables button at the bottom. In the lower box, find the variable SAPINST_JRE_HOME, make sure that you have this pointed to your j2e. In my case, the value is C:\j2sdk1.4.2_09\jre

Regards,

Rich Heilman