Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DP release to SNP/ Characteristic defined as attribute of other one in POS

former_member229994
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I define a characteristic ( eg "POC" point of consumption" ) as being an attribute of an other characteristic used for planning(eg "Sales Channel"), can I use this characteristic as being the characteristic "location" used in the transfer profile from DP to SNP ? We want to create in SNP one location per "POC" and we have one "POC" by Sales channel.

I know that we can not plan on characteristic defined as being "navigational" attributes of other but in this case, the attribute would be defined for "mapping", it is not used to run forecast by statistical usage nor macro usage. If the answer is no, do we need Bapi's to do the mapping for release?

Best regards,

Christine

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christine,

Navigational attributes can not be used for mapping either in releasing or even in APO DP, to copy from infocube to planning area.

You want to create a location in SNP for every value of POC while releasing the forecasts DP to SNP .

We only release forecasts or demand plan from APO DP to APO SNP for location products which exist in SNP.

Release process will not create a new location in SNP.

Please write back with additional details or if my intrepretation is not correct of your requirement.

Regards

Datta

former_member229994
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kadam

Thank you for your quick answer. It exactly answer my question.

Kinds regards,

Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

what about descriptive chars and consumption group to create POS level forecasts ?

former_member229994
Participant
0 Kudos

For your first answer, I know that release will not create location . My idea was to create location "POC" (point of consumption) , products on POC and to release forecast from DP to SNP using the characteristic "POC" defined as attibute of the "Sales channel" ( to avoid to create an other plannable characteristic for POC in Demand Planning.

Following your answer , I have got the requirement change (we are in design and I have not yet access to system) and my customer accept the idea to create a location for Sales channel and products on this location. It seems more simple that consumption group usage .

Kind regards

Christine