Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel down payment cleared

andrea_brusarestelletti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

in my business workflow I manage billing plans with down payments. I would like to know what is the right procedure, if there is one, to manage the following process:

- I have a billing plan for 1000 u20AC: a down payment request for 200 u20AC and a subsequent invoice for the total amount of 1000 u20AC;

- down-payment request is created, released in SD and the payment is cleared in FI, with transaction F-29;

- after that I create the final invoice for 1000 u20AC with the clearing of the down payment for 200 u20AC, resulting in a total amount to be paid of 800 u20AC; then I release into accounting the final invoice;

Now, what if I want to cancel the down-payment request? Is there a standard defined procedure to manage this case? Or is it a not expected behaviour, and for that reason a case that should not take place?

Thanks in advance for your support.

Best regards,

Andrea

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the down payment has been paid and if you want to cancel it,then it can be done by canceling the payment.

For this we have to know the clearing document number.

Goto the T.Code "FBL5n".Here you can get the clearing document.

Goto the T.Code "FBRA" and reset the cleared item.

Give the reason and reset it.

Now that down payment will appear in open item in "FBL5N" T.Code.

It can be canceled by using the T.Code "VF11".

Regards,

Krishna.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Note 874334 says

If a down payment request has been paid, it will not be possible to cancel the request by selecting 'Data ->Cancel'. The user needs to cancel the incoming payment first, then go back into the request and then the option to cancel it will be available.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi