Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass change of authorization objects in several roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we have to change a authorization object in almost 200 roles. Is there any possibility for mass change of authorization objects in several roles? We don't use the central SAP user administration.

Best Regards

Andreas Walter

10 REPLIES 10

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you be more specific about what you want to change? I know some workarounds but they're not without risk so I'd like to consider if it's worthwhile for 200 roles.

Jurjen

By the way, I do not think CUA is in any way relevant here.

0 Kudos

Hello,

we want to maintain the authorization group in the authorization object M_MATE_WGR (Material Master: Material Groups).

Regards

Andreas

0 Kudos

> we want to maintain the authorization group in the authorization object M_MATE_WGR (Material Master: Material Groups).

And do the number of entries per field remain the same as before or will there be either more or less entries? Less isn't too big a problem.....

0 Kudos

At the moment all entries of field BEGRU (authorization group) in authorization object M_MATE_WGR has the value "*". We want to change this value into "0001".

0 Kudos

> at the moment all entries has the value "*". We want to change this value into "0001".

Good!

Here comes:

1- download all relevant roles in once from PFCG. Make sure you use an appropriate codepage so you don't loose special characters in the role and menu texts.

2- copy and backup the download file

3- in the download file (is a text file) look for all lines starting with AGR_1251 and conatining M_MATE_WGR and the field you want to change

4- take out the star and two spaces and replace by 001. This file is a set of fixed record length table exports and keeping the original length is very important.

5- upload the edited file and generate the profiles.

As you may see this is not SAP standard and completely at your own risk. Best try in a sandbox client first.

Good luck!

Jurjen

0 Kudos

Hi,

Once the "*" is removed, you can also add the desired authorizations by inserting them from a certain profile, via CATT.

Regards,

CMPT

0 Kudos

Guess what !! Tried to make ECATT work, however no luck. No video (at least from me )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use ECATT for the same. Please search here in the forum and blogs to find the step by step guide.

Regards,

Gowrinadh

0 Kudos

> You can use ECATT for the same. Please search here in the forum and blogs to find the step by step guide.

I've seen this remark posted more often on this specific subject but I have yet to see a working solution. The biggest issue is cursor positioning....... If someone can post a video demo of a working ECATT script to alter authorization values for selected objects with in a profile, please do!

0 Kudos

>

> > You can use ECATT for the same. Please search here in the forum and blogs to find the step by step guide.

>

> I've seen this remark posted more often on this specific subject but I have yet to see a working solution. The biggest issue is cursor positioning....... If someone can post a video demo of a working ECATT script to alter authorization values for selected objects with in a profile, please do!

ah...finally someone said it - Jurjen, my vote for you