cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect order type of Planned orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

we are facing an issue in mapping the subcontracting scenario as Inhouse production. we have used the external processing control key in routing and subsequent PPM at the tolling plant.

I ssue is when we CIF across the Planned orders created in APO to R3 it goes as order type LA ( normal inhouse production) and not as LB order type (Planned orders specific to external processing operation) and hence face issues during conversion to purchase orders later.

If we make the product PD , MRP relevant and run a MRP run , the planned orders are created of correct order type LB.

I want to understand , is there any setting in APO where we map the order categories of APO with R3 order categories ?

Let me know what can be the reason ?

your responses are apprepeciated and will be suitably rewarded.

Regards

Vik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vik,

Prima Facie, it looks as this is a PP issue. Like you have stated that the order type is correctly picked up for the order that are generated out of MRP planning. There is no concept of order type in APO. The order type is assigned to a document once it is CIFfied back to R/3. Only the order category is assigned in APO.

Coming back to your query, why is the system is generating order with order type LA, i think this is being governed by combinnation if MRP Type and item category. now the relationship between the item category/order type and MRP Type may not be directly defined in R/3, but there will surely be some other parameter which is governing the order type of this document.

i am not a PP expert, but I fainlty remember, that this could be maintanied in the MRP Group.

You can check with a PP expert and see if there is any direct/indirect relationship maintained between order type and the MRP type.

Let me know if this helps.

Rgds, Sandeep

Edited by: Sandeep Budhiraja on Jun 22, 2010 12:11 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

For mapping the categories, as digambar specified, categories and

category groups will be generated in APO customisation accordingly.

You can also refer BADI /SAPAPO/DM_ORDER_CHG.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

digambar_narkhede
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vik ,

Standard APO is deployed with a record of categories that already match the MRP elements of R/3 System.

This assignment of MRP element to APO category is done in APO system under SPRO (Global Available-to-Promise (Global ATP) --> General settings --> Maintain Category) also in Planning area under third tab - KEY FIGS when you select key figures you assign the categories,Cat group and key fig function(receipt/demand or stock function) to it.

Also additional categories (other than std) if required in APO can mapped under non-SAP categories in APO SPRO.

Regards,

Digambar