cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping Document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have an Idoc to File mapping document. Can I find out from this document whether all the fields required for the target is there in the Idoc ? Can we find out whether all the fields required are there in Idoc or not withoout importing Idoc. Right now I cant import idocs.

Also once the Idocs are imported can we add a field to the idoc which is needed in the target but absent in the source ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajith,

Mapping document will explain mapping logic and which are the fields required to map from SOURCE to Target.

1)You no need to import the IDoc,if you have good understanding about IDoc fileds,you can undestand from mapping document.

one more thing it is not required to map all the fields to target structure.the mapping documents will explain only required fields to map.

Regads,

Raj

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you have the source structure and mapping sheet , and you are trying to compare the structure.

You might be having the IDOC name with you , so go to Tcode We60 in ECC (if its a standard IDOC)

and see the detailed structure there.

If yours is a custom (Z) IDOC, then you can approach the functional team who has sent you the mapping sheet.

As far as i understand the structure present in ECC is the one which should be taken into consideration as its some time difficult to capture all the IDOC segments in details in a mapping sheet.

Regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajith,

You can ask your functional team.

Also, if you have Idoc imported in your PI system, then in the description field for Idoc, you can check on your own whether these 2 missing fields are there or not.

Otherwise, go ahead for asking with functional team.

-Tanaya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajith,

1) In mapping document, most of the times, all the required fileds ar specified.

In case if anything is missing, then you can check against the target structure and ask your functional team to provide that.

2) Yes, you can add the field in the Idoc once you have imported.

But only thing is, aftre adding field to Idoc, you need to reimport it in PI.

-Tanaya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

I got the target structure with me. I found two items missing in the mapping. Sequence Number and Current Date, I mean these two fields are not there in the source structure in mapping document under Idoc. So should I get these two fields from the functional team ?