cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock object when press close button of the browser (cross button)

former_member189690
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I'm developing a WDA that is necessary to do an abap enqueue object of R/3 ( using HR_ENQUEUE_OBJECT function module), the problem is: if user press close button of the browser (cross) the release of the object is not being done and the HR object remains locked.

Is there any approach to provoke an unlock? where? how?

Thanks you guys! yoy are very helpful!

Edited by: vanbelal on Apr 22, 2010 9:19 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try to unlock the using the DEQUEUE FM in the WDDOONCLOSE method of the window. This method is specifically for handling actions to be performed on window closing.

Regards

Runal

former_member189690
Participant
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> You can try to unlock the using the DEQUEUE FM in the WDDOONCLOSE method of the window. This method is specifically for handling actions to be performed on window closing.

>

>

> Regards

> Runal

Thank you for the quick answer Runal, but the WDDOONCLOSE method is not being called when user close BROWSER, (Internet explorer as example).

The WDDONCLOSE method is only being executed when we are handling dialog window (as popups, external windows).

Any idea?

thank you again...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

maybe using TimedTrigger can solve this issue.

Regards Jiri

former_member189690
Participant
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

> maybe using TimedTrigger can solve this issue.

>

> Regards Jiri

Hi Jiri,

Can you explain a little bit more what is TimedTrigger? It depends on my WDA? It is a parameter of portal configuration?

Also, I've tried to put DEQUEUE on WDDOEXIT of the view, but the problem is that the dequeue should throw it when WDA it's being running on PORTAL. In fact, I've tried to execute WDA from R3 and the method is executed correctly, but not from Portal.

Thanks

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

The WDDOEXIT of the Component Controller is typically where such actions are programmed. It should always fire (close of browser, timeout, etc).

former_member189690
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've tried to put a breakpoint on WDDOEXIT method of component controller but when I close the browser pressing cross button the breakpoint is not throwing it...

Edited by: vanbelal on Apr 23, 2010 8:16 AM

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I think perhaps you have a larger problem. It sounds like the session management isn't be called to destroy the session. Normally locks would be released without you having to call anything simply because the parent session is destroyed. If the WDDOEXIT isn't being called as well this is another symptom of the problem. Is your WDA running within any other framework? Another vendors portal perhaps?

frank_stdle
Participant
0 Kudos

I am using locks (ENQUEUE) in my WDA and they are indeed released automatically when I close the browser window - you should not have to handle this programatically yourself.

former_member189690
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I don't know if we are using another vendor, but I think we are using SAP portal.

Is there any parameter or something to indicate close session on the session management you meant?

Sorry, I don't know nothing about Portal configuration, I'm a simple abap developer

Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try unlocking in WDDOEXIT methodo of the view.