cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we create BO universes and reports in 6.5 based on BW.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know we can use SAP BW as datasource in XIR2 and R3 with SAP integration kit but is this facility available in 6.5 version?

Any Ideas...

Regards,

learner

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

I believe that there is (or better "was" since the product is no longer supported) a product called Web. Intelligence OLAP 6.5 that enables you to access BW data.

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

But is that mean that we can not use deski reports in this situation as only webi olap 6.5 was present?

Thanks

Learner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

With Business Objects 6.5 we support access to OLAP sources such as SAP BW 3.x, MSAS 2000, Essbase 6 and 7, Oracle Express.

Those OLAP drivers are only avalaible with Desktop Intelligence.

Once you publish your Desktop Intelligence documents on Infoview, you can only refresh or view the document nothing more.

Of course we do no longer support these drivers and they don't work on latest SAP BW versions or MSAS versions.

Last they also do not support all BEx queries features.

Regards

Didier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Didier for the reply.

So we can create deski based on SAP BW in 6.5.

What is the middleware we have to use in universe designer for the same.

Any documents related to SAPBW as datasource in 6.5?

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The driver I described for 6.5 is a direct access only available with Deski called BW connect: no universe need.

By the way we had also a bridge fro generating universes on SAP BW called SAP BW universe builder.

This bridge generates relational universes on SAP BW (SQL) accessing the physical tables: this is not recommended by SAP and I don't think it is still supported.

Regards

Didier

Answers (0)