cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mandt field missing in datasource based on view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

i have create a generic datasource based on a view that joins two tables.

The view contains the MANDT field, because i want to use the MANDT field as selection for the datasource.

Unfortunately the MANDT field doesn't show up in the generated extract structure.

Can anyone of you explain this to me?

And tell me how to get the MANDT field in the datasource structure?

Would greatly appreciate it...

Marco

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Pravender
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think its hidden.

Uncheck the HIDE checkbox for this field in the datasource.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The field is not hidden.

It really doesnt appear in the list and it is not available in the ROOSFIELD table for the generated OLTPSOURCE.

Marco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

Mandt specifies the client. When you create a source system in BI, it will automatically have the client since you can only have 1 source system per client(source system client). So if you have 3 clients in your source system, you would have 3 source systems in BI (1 per client). So when you trigger a load for that particular source system, the client is automatically passed.

You only need to make sure that you join the mandt field in the views in your generic ds. This is to make sure that you always pass the same client data.

You can check the passing of the client selection, by triggering any load. You then need to go and check the job that ran in the source system for that request. The initial lines of the log will show the selections which would contain the client.

Regards.

Edited by: Ansel D'Souza on Apr 22, 2010 12:35 PM

Pravender
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Goto RSO2, here in the list of fields, are you getting this mandt field?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the end i havefigured out what the solution was.

In my view MANDT wasn't the first field !?

AFter moving it into first place everything works as expected.

Thanx for thinking with me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

I had the same problem and moving MANDT to the first position in the Field List of the View solved it.

Thanks for your input.

mfg

Alex