Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove records from Upload Only Data Object

former_member599943
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I would like to know is it possible to remove created record for Upload Only Data Object from database in mobile before sync and upload to DOE?

Thank you.

Regards,

Weng

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Weng,

Sorry , i could not get your requirement. Can you plesae elaborate somewhat on your business use case.

I mean what do you want exactly? Is it from the database of mobile device , you want to remove it?

Thanks & Regards

Shweta Soni

former_member599943
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta Soni,

Let said I was added a row of data inside mobile device database. But I found that the record is incorrect and I don't want to upload/sync it to server. Thus, I need to remove it from mobile device database before sync. Is it possible to do it?

P/S: The Data Object is defined as Upload Only in DOE, not Bi-direction.

Thank you.

Regards,

Weng

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Weng for the clarification.

Yeah this is possible.

To achieve this , simply you can delete it from mobile device's database directly or from the application(by adding logic for the deletion of the selected record on UI).

Once you delete the record before sync, it will never be present there and hence when you sync after deleting it, nothing

would be sent corresponding to that record(since there is no reference for that record in DOE server as you never synced).

Basically sync functionality is the triggering point of the whole process to make the data consistent across DOE and mobile device.So whatever you do on mobile device , on sync, only the data that is saved in the mobile database is taken to the server.

Just in case you want to understand the data flow , refer the following thread:

[]

I hope this helps you.

Thanks & Regards

Shweta Soni

former_member599943
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply,

can you provide me the deletion source code (NWDS) for upload only data object? I only can create but cannot delete created records right now..

Thanks alot.

Regards,

Weng