cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Populating Query Cache

former_member1170711
Participant
0 Kudos

In MII 11.5 I am using a chart applet and it is being populated by a query that takes a long time to run. For this reason, I am using query caching and I currently have it set to 1 day. In general it works great. The only problem is that I expect the query to be cached after the first time it is run from the chart applet and this does not seem to be the case. I have to load the chart twice before the cache kicks in and then on the third time it is fast as expected. The second time is just as slow as the first.

If I run the same query directly from the query template editor then it seems to be fast on the second time. Any ideas why it needs to be done twice from the chart applet before it is cached?

Thanks,

Mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What full version / build of 11.5. Have you looked at SAP Note: 1259574 for 11.5.6?

former_member1170711
Participant
0 Kudos

We have 11.5.3 b66. I looked at note 1259574. Among the fixes it lists this one:

CSS 782867 - Caching issue has been fixed.

I could not see a way to get any detail on this so I don't know if it is related to my problem or not. Apparently 782867 is not a note number. I looked at that note and it seemed to have nothing to do with it.

Are you saying that if I go to 11.5.6 my problem will be solved?

Thanks,

Mike

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would suggest looking at the other support packs between your version and the latest (final) 11.5.6, there may be other corrections you would benefit from.

SP04: Note 1128535

SP05: Note 1238986

SP06: Note 1259574

782867 is actually a customer support ticket number that led to the caching fix, and was related to an Xacute Query template caching not working properly when going to an applet (not sure if it was a grid or chart). There were a few other corrections to caching (mentioned in notes above), non-unique caches were happening (data from another cache object would return).

Since you are jumping 3 support packs, I would recommend putting 11.5.6 on QA or a sandbox and run through your applications to confirm they are functioning as expected.

former_member1170711
Participant
0 Kudos

This is helpful.

We have started the process of moving to 12.1 so I am a little reluctant to bother upgrading 11.5 at this point. The previous upgrades that I have done have been quite easy though so it might still be worth it. The regression testing can be pretty time consuming.

Thanks for your help.

-Mike