cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

u00A7VC - Variant Configuration Standard Reporting of Assets Post Sales

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Experts,

We would like to make use of the standard reporting functionality like IQ09, IH09 IW66 and many other standard reporting features inside of SAP with minimal or no customization if possible.

Basically what we are trying to do is see the equipment information with the class attributes populated. In SAP transaction IE03, you can view the individual's asset and class type 300 information with just a few clicks. But, this is not feasible for our customers and we need to evaluate hundreds of thousands of configurations for a specific configurable material.

One idea that we had is to see if there is a standard way to copy the equipments variant configuration values (class type 300) to SAP standard class 002. This would allow us to report on the configuration of each equipment using SAP standard reports.

I am aware of SAP transaction CL30N and others but they are very limited when it comes to showing the relationship of those assets in a post sales environment

Please let me know if I am going about this the wrong way or if you might have a better idea that you have implemented in your business environment?

To provide some additional details, if you use class type 002 in the equipment you can display those values by running SAP transaction IQ09. When running the report for multiple equipments, select the and then go to menu path : Settings --> Show / Hide Classification. A sub screen will appear called "Class Limitation". I basically would like to show the configuration of class type 300 (but since the data is in the CUOBJ not in the AUSP table) the only possible method I could think of is to copy the values from the CUOBJ to class type 002.

Thanks,

Ed

Edited by: Ed Bunn on Apr 21, 2010 1:42 PM

Edited by: Ed Bunn on Apr 21, 2010 3:54 PM

Edited by: Christoph Hopf on Apr 23, 2010 9:36 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ed,

were you able to get an answer to your issue? we're needing to do the same thing as well.